Good 2 Go? Drone Scene has the answer!

Announcing: GOOD 2 GO!

You asked, and again we delivered :blush:

The Grey Arrows Drone Club is pleased to announce the launch of our brand new service, Good 2 Go.

As you will no doubt be aware, the rules and regulations on flying your drone changed significantly this year.

The new regulations factor in the weight of you drone, the class marking, the distance you wish to fly from people, and many (many) other parameters. The end result being quite possibly the most confusing set of regulations we have ever seen.

In order to help you understand what you can fly and where you can fly it, we’ve designed and built a very easy to use tool called “Good 2 Go”.

Good 2 Go takes you through a short question and answer survey which can be completed in a couple of minutes. Once you’ve answered the questions you’ll quickly be able to determine whether you can fly a particular model of drone under particular circumstances.

The Q&A checks for all possibilities within the CAA-defined Open category of flying, and also flights in the Specific category where these are covered by a model flying association Operational Authorisation.

It covers the regulations as they stand today: legacy drones, in the transition period. It may be updated once classified drones start becoming available.

We hope you find it useful!

Grey Arrows Drone Club would like to express their sincere gratitude to @kvetner for the amount of time he has dedicated to helping us design and build this service for you, our members.

We kindly request that you keep this thread on topic for the Good 2 Go service itself.

This thread is not for discussing your results.

If you wish to discuss the results you have personally received from Good 2 Go use the following thread:

Questions about your Good 2 Go results?
Post them here!

42 Likes

thankyou Kvetner your help has been very much welcomed

4 Likes

Simplifies the can I, can I not fly in any scenario. Great work, thank you @kvetner

3 Likes

Well done guys. Great to see it up and running :smile:

2 Likes

Had a play with it, really good bit of work that. :+1:

GC

2 Likes

Excellent addition to the Dronescene armoury!

And grateful thanks to all involved in the creation of this great resource :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Good work, excellent resource. well done

2 Likes

Excellent work guys :+1: :clap: :clap:

2 Likes

:+1: great job!

2 Likes

Works a treat… well done :ok_hand:

2 Likes

Nice, Very Nice. :+1:

2 Likes

Thank you! :raised_hands:

You’ve made it so much easier to understand!

2 Likes

Worth saying here that @PingSpike can’t blow his own trumpet so I will blow it for him; there is a lot of his “stuff” lurking behind the front-end and this tool only exists because of the work he’s put into it!

8 Likes

Very nice and simplifies it nicely. Thank you and well done…

2 Likes

Brilliant. Thanks to all that work behind the scenes at Grey Arrows

2 Likes

Great job. Brilliant tool for idiots like me.

3 Likes

Nice job helps a lot

2 Likes

I know it has been said many times, but thank you guys for all your hard work on this project, which works like a charm. WELL DONE !!! :+1: :+1: :+1:

3 Likes

Agreed with all the positives above… just a shame my drone falls foul of most things under the new world order and it’s only 2yrs ish old.

2 Likes

Article 16 Authorisation may be your friend …

4 Likes