Good afternoon from Doncaster

Hi all.
I’ve been here for a while hiding in the background (well, reading and catching up with a lot of everything that has been said and done, I don’t want to duplicate posts if I can help it. Sure this may happen at some point. :upside_down_face:)

Here goes.

Hello to one and all.
I have been flying drones for a few years now. My first ever was (and I still have 2 and loads of batteries and gimbals and props etc) a 3DR Solo. I have absolutely love(d) this drone until I got further into the bug and on a whim purchased a Mavic Air with Fly more kit.
OMG this little beast is just streets a head of the Solo. Sooooo, after having an absolute riot with the Air I decided to have a look around and now I also have a Mavic 2 Zoom. What a piece of kit this is.
(Air is actually in my lunch bag goes EVERYWHERE with me.)
I’m a heating engineer and I repair and maintain domestic and commercial Biomass and Oil boilers. So this puts me out in the countryside everyday. No idea where I’m going to be or what I’m going to be doing. But there is one thing for certain, if I get 5 minutes the Air is erm in the air (lol)
Not detracting from the Zoom. I actually do tend go back to places (when I find a nice quiet area with loads of beauty and put the Zoom up)

So hi :raised_hand_with_fingers_splayed: to my fellow drone enthusiasts and hope to maybe catch up with some of you a meet in the future.
As the title says, I’m from good old donny, born and bread.

Daft as a brush and loving flying when ever I can.
Take care all

Safe flying.

7 Likes

Hi Steve and welcome to GADC, otherwise known as the “Nut House”… :grinning: :grinning: :grinning:

No doubt one of the Mods will be along any time soon to give you the official welcome.

Over in N. E. Lincs myself.

1 Like

“Nut house”

From what I have been reading over the past few months it seams I may fit in very well.
:crazy_face:

2 Likes

Hello and welcome Steve.

1 Like

This was my first flight with the Mavic Air.
(Excuse the music, it was all done on the phone in about 5 minutes)

1 Like

Welcome to the group :+1:

Hi Steve / @speatuk , and welcome to GADC. :+1:

A significant number of our members also own the Mavic Air and there are also quite a few M2Z owners … so you are amongst good company.

If you haven’t already, take a look at the Map of Members and you’ll see there are a few other members in your neck of the woods.

(Don’t forget to add yourself to that map :+1: How to add yourself to the Members Map )

The forum’s search functions are a very efficient way to find previous threads and posts that might already have covered topics in which you are interested in learning more or answer that niggling question but, when this doesn’t turn up what you’re after, there’s a wealth of knowledge amongst the members, so ask away over on #questions-and-answers.

Also, if you’ve not seen it, check out our map of places where members have flown in the past … which, obviously, doesn’t necessarily mean they are still OK to fly and, as always, any pilot needs to check that everything’s OK before flying at any of them.

Please also take a moment to look at the Membership Levels section on our FAQ .

Welcome aboard!

1 Like

Hi Steve , a big welcome from one of the “old farts” of the GADC.
Glad to see that you take every opportunity to get up with your drones.
Keep an eye open for local meet ups in your area and feel free to chime in on our conversations, we only bite when there is a full moon.

1 Like

Hi Steve, not far away from you in Selby/Goole.

Give us a shout if you wanna meet and fly sometime

1 Like

Sounds good to me I will do that thank you :blush:

Yip welcome to the nuttersrus :thinking::scream::joy:looking forward to seeing your vids and pics Steve :ok_hand:

Hi From Sunny Retford.
I have a Mavic 2 Zoom now, and a Hubsan 501s - which I’ve had for a week for fun.
Had multiple Bugs 3’s. Phantom 3 standard and Phantom 3 Pro and a few little ones.
I used to fly at Misson Springs last year quite a lot at the Fracking site - DSA Tower are very accommodating at times when I want to fly in the FRZ.

Cheers
Eric

2 Likes

Welcome to the group… sounds like you do have the opportunity to get some great flying done …both at work and in spare time