Good, Bad & The Ugly - Mavic 3 in all its Glory

Great review as always Ian , thank you .
For me it’s just far to expensive and I’m really glad I stuck with my M2P and my mini 2 and I will be sticking with those until the C classification mess is sorted and then I will look at the air 2 s or whatever it will be by then , I’m not a professional drone pilot and this seems aimed at that market but as it uses the fly app good luck with that .

4 Likes

@ianinlondon - I’m wondering if the different prop sound is because of the new prop design - they have a softer leading edge than the M2P as per:

I have to agree with you Scott. The expense MAY have been worth it if the photography side of it had been worth the jump, but for now, as you say, the M2P is a monster machine and produces superb images (just check out some of @Drumsagard images on this forum).

3 Likes

Ian, as always very helpful and informative. Keep the posts going please.

I will be getting the Mavic 3 and taking it on holiday to Finland shortly over Christmas. Passed my EASA (CAA equivalent Traficom in Finland) online for A1/A3 open sub category and due to COVID they give you A2 dispensation. Shame I can’t get it to follow me while snowmobiling over the frozen sea etc…will try work around.

Only issue may be low temperatures as I don’t think that the Mavic 3 has heated batteries like the Mavic Enterprise ?

PS - new to this forum but find it really great to see what others are doing across the UK and technically helpful. Thanks.

1 Like

As much as I want the M3, I’d only upgrade from my M2P if there is a significant increase in image quality over the M2P. To do that, it’s going to have to go some!

3 Likes

@Drumsagard @Mavic2Pro True, but whilst the number of MP hasn’t increased, the sensor size has practically doubled, so I hope it produces some improvement there…

2 Likes

Keep your batteries in your pockets until you need them :slight_smile:

2 Likes

The props look similar to the Air2S and Mini 2 style. But no doubt to me, it’s louder; when I’m hooning around the field some 300 m away, you can here the odd whine as it goes past, picked up on the rode mic sitting on my camera. To me, that’s approaching FPV noise level… (altho nothing is louder than that…)

1 Like

I will await your reviews Ian. I will be interested to see what the difference is between the M3 and the M2P from someone that I trust.

2 Likes

If it ain’t screaming it ain’t FPVing! :grin: :rofl:

Good idea. I was thinking of finding a way of keeping them around 20 plus degrees rather than under my armpits. Plate warmers or something.

that should mean better low light quality.

1 Like

along with some hand warmers :+1:

First time I have come across this chap, but by’eck he has nailed it

2 Likes

And here you go. The Pond pictures were very clear given the length of exposure…

2 Likes

Great video Ian, thanks for that. The Mavic 3 does look pretty impressive, love that the camera can be titled up to 35 degrees, that’s a bit of a bonus :+1:

1 Like

Looking forward to the M2 M3 direct comparison video… Soon as please!

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: Tripltek Tablet - Feedback From Owners?

Right, for anyone missing the soap opera, if at first you don’t crash properly…

2 Likes

… Try, try, try again…

3 Likes