Good Dayy from West London

Thanks for looking into this Steve, I’ll bear it in mind!

Hello OV. The park in question - Osterley, is surrounded by farmland and a patch of land that I can’t verify ownership for. The farmland is obviously a no no, but I’ll try flying from the unknown patch of land and see if anything happens.

1 Like

Yup - know where it is. Used to live nearby and stayed at the Osterley Park Hotel more than once. Though, for the life of me, I can’t remember why!
Goodness … that’s a loooooong time ago! Late 70s!

I meant, generally, that part of Middx isn’t miles and miles of open farmland and parks, so the number of options are fewer than for me.

You wouldn’t want to stay there now! Very run down.

It may not have changed much! LOL!

Yeah, that is the only issue you have to watch out for, they may ‘prove’ you were flying out of visual line of sight. I was talking generally though, public footpaths etc. Of course wherever we are the drone code applies. My communications with a couple of different constabularies have all said that the drone code is only recommendations by the CAA and not law, therefore no laws are actually broken. They refer to common law - in that no victim so no crime.

Hi, I live in Cowley, i use Cowley rec, early on Sunday morning no problems yet.

1 Like

Hi Chris,

Hope you enjoy the flying!

Cheers,

Melvyn

Thanks Mel! I certainly am - decent weather coming up, should be good.

Best,
Chris

Hi Chris
Welcome to the club. I was invited by Mr Spike too.
I live close to you and i am a new owner of a Mavic 2. If you want to fly you need to go out of the big no-fly zone we live in. There are plenty of places just out of the zone and close by.
My Mavic won’t even lift off from my garden

Hi,

Sounds good- where are you?

C