Grass snake

They can … but in all my experience of tracking them down to photograph them, they far prefer to slither away from things far large then them.
If you are the size of a mouse, then … yes … protect yourself. :wink:
Where I used to see a lot of adders, it was only dogs that ever got bitten … several each year. But in 40 years of spending weekend time at the location, not a single human was bitten.

Indeed, they do seem to be reclusive/evasive in that respect. Ain’t no mouse here :slightly_smiling_face: However, that’s why I don’t let our labbies venture tooooo far into the heather on their walkies - don’t want to let the vets ‘too’ rich :money_mouth_face: Won’t forget the time we parked up somewhere (Lake’s ? can’t recall) decades ago on a hot day, spread out , had a nice picnic, packed up, lifted my jacket off the sign…saying ‘Beware of Snakes’ :sweat_smile: :roll_eyes: Duh.

I would have been running :running_woman: :running_woman::running_woman: As fast as my legs could carry me.

A very wobbly video - I wasn’t really expecting the screams from the Italian lady in the motorhome next to my tent, whist in southern Italy - but I loved pursuing this devil.

In return the Italian lady couldn’t stop providing me with coffee and food. It all became a little uncomfortable, and I had to move on after a few days. LOL!

1 Like

Only seen 2 in my life seem very rare

2 Likes

Depends where you live. I see them fairly often in the Kent countryside normally at ponds or lakes :slightly_smiling_face:

Thats a cool video. They’re quick when they get going :grin:

1 Like