Greetings and thank you, from North Carolina, USA

Good evening from North Carolina, USA. Thank you for allowing me to join. I read that I should not pin my location on the map. But I’m in Elizabeth City NC.
I am visiting the UK in late August, I will be bringing my DJI. I’ve acquired the open permit, and I believe I understand the CAA restrictions and limitations.
I have enjoyed your images and videos. It’s certainly beautiful there.
Best,
Rick McElrath

1 Like

Hi Rick @rmcelrath and welcome to Grey Arrows from the other side of the pond :slight_smile:

Where in the UK are you heading? Just to the one region or will you be travelling while you’re here?

The drone laws in the UK are bit of a mess at the moment. Here’s an excellent Q&A you can take to help you determine if it’s safe and legal to fly:

And a map of recommended places to fly:

1 Like

Good morning Richard and welcome to GADC. :+1: :+1:

Welcome to GADC Richard. Hope you have a great time in UK.

Hi Richard and welcome to GADC :+1: :+1:

Welcome. Hope you enjoy your visit. Be sure to reach out if you need any help planning your flights while over here. I appreciate time is limited sometimes in some locations so having as much information beforehand is usually a massive help.

1 Like

Hi Rick welcome to the club

1 Like

@rmcelrath welcome

Hi Rick - welcome to GADC :+1: :+1: :+1:

Hi Rick, you’ll be welcome anytime.

Welcome Richard to GADC. :clap: :clap:

Very similar to the TRUST test over in the UK.

However unlike the USA, you will need to display the number on the drone even if below 250g.

Hi and welcome. I have not been a member long but i have found the club to be full of very friendly and helpful people. I am sure you will find the same

Thank you, I read that and gave the sticker for my drone.

Cool.

I am currently in Florida for the next couple of weeks flying.

Welcome to gadc richard :slightly_smiling_face::+1:

Hi Rick, hope you have a wonderful time in the UK

Thank you very much. I know two weeks isn’t enough. Knowing that we’re still going to not be in a hurry, just enjoy what we can.

We’ll be flying into Heathrow then to Edinburgh. Then driving different places.