Greetings From Retford, Notts

Hi Folks.

I’m Eric and I live in Retford, Notts.
I’ve flown drones for roughly 3 years and have a collection of about 7 or 8 ranging from my newest Parrot Anafi, Phantom 3 pro, Bugs 3’s, and smaller indoor stuff for fun.

My goto drone at the minute is the Anafi. It’s so light, QUIET and really quick to get into the air.
I don’t think the picture quality is as good as the P3Pro without editing, but the Zoom more than makes up for it!

I run the Retford & District Drone Club and we have 24 members, sometimes we meet up for a pint on a Wednesday evening. A few of us are members of Drone SAR Lost Dogs UK as well, and we recently took part in a successful mission to track down the elusive Raccoon Dogs you may have seen on the news as far as USA and Oz.

If anyone is interested in getting in touch to see where we fly or photo just drop me a line.
I’ll post a few pics as well.

Cheers
Eric

6 Likes

Hi Eric/ @Trucklord , and welcome to GADC. :+1:

Ah! A fleet owner. :wink:

If you haven’t already, take a look at the Map of Members and you’ll see there are a few other members in your neck of the woods, some of whom I’m sure will come and say Hi.

(Don’t forget to add yourself to that map :+1: : How to add yourself to the Members Map )

The forum’s search functions are a very efficient way to find previous threads and posts that might already have covered topics in which you are interested in learning more or answer that niggling question but, when this doesn’t turn up what you’re after, there’s a wealth of knowledge amongst the members, so ask away over on #questions-and-answers.

Also, if you’ve not seen it, check out our map of places where members have flown in the past … which, obviously, doesn’t necessarily mean they are still OK to fly and, as always, any pilot needs to check that everything’s OK before flying at any of them.

Please also take a moment to look at the Membership Levels section on our FAQ .

Welcome aboard!

Incidentally, a single photo showing 5+ of your drones and you’ll be awarded the quite rare Fleet Operator Badge. :+1:

5 Likes

Welcome and that’s quite some collection of drones there.

Thanks
The Phantoms I trust the most and after flying the Anafi, the onscreen navigation and route home is loads better than the Anafi Software, However the Anafi is so easy to carry and fly, along with the zoom and quietness that allows me to get many photo’s previously impossible before.

The Bugs are ace - fly em, crash em, bend them back into shape and take off again - bulletproof and fast non gps, fly em or crash em fun.

1 Like

Hi @Trucklord
Eric welcome to the madhouse
thats it nothing more…

1 Like

Welcome. Nice selection you have there.

1 Like

Thanks.

HI Eric

Welcome to the funny farm.

Are you planning to take over the country with that fleet errrr army of drones?

Im pretty much just past VLOS from where you are. Im based out of Torworth just outside Retford.

Good to know theres a club and somewhere else to hangout with like minded drone folk :ok_hand:

I’d be interested to know where you fly and all meet.

Cheers

Steve

Hi Steve.
I’ve flown at the Igas site at Tinker Lane and still pop up there every now and then.
Both West Burton and Cottam Power stations on a few occasions and got some great pics ( from a distance ) - but with the Anafi it looks like you are loads closer.
Kings park is always nice and throughout the seasons makes lovely viewing.
Recently sent the Anafi up at the old pump station at Kilton, too noisy for the Phantom there.
Milton Mausoleum is photogenic, and North Leverton Windmill is Drone friendly, just ask nicely - I’ll post my video here if that’s OK.

I’ve been meaning to get to Torworth in the sun and get pics of the fishing lakes at either sunrise or sunset. High Marnham Viaduct, Drakeholes, etc etc - there’s quite a few places round here.
I also fly within the Restricted DSA airspace - I call the tower and state where I would like to fly, when, how long for and altitude etc. Always been allowed.

You’ll have to come along some time.
Eric

Hi Eric, sounds like you have a good club going on there, welcome to the family.

1 Like

Oh Awesome. Theres enough to keep me in the air for the rest of the year there Eric! lolol.

Daneshill Lakes are a good spot in Torworth, theres nothing around there so its a great place to fly. I get there in seconds from my back garden which is pretty cool.

Been to West Burton a few times but dearly want to explore new places. Only got the 1 drone which as my first drone I got last November.

Yeah be great meet up. Do you have a web page or dare I say as a non FB user, a facebook page?:smile:

Steve

Steve
I don’t have a Webpage, just Facebook at the minute - it’s just so easy to pop stuff on there.
What drone do you have ?
Eric

Thanks.
We have everything from inexpensive little drones to Mavic 2 pro’s and the Thermal Mavic Enterprise thingy as well. Most of us are in our 40’s, 50s and 60,s with the odd member younger.

1 Like

Aah then I’ll have to dust off my FB log in details and have a peek. :stuck_out_tongue:

I got the Mavic 2 Pro and love it. Seems to tick many (well all really) of the boxes for me. Still learning mind :ok_hand:

Very Nice Drone.

Would love to see how the thermal camera works on the Mavic Enterprise. :+1:

I’ll be wearing my 40’s badge then! :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Yup! That certainly qualifies you for the Fleet Operator Badge! :+1:

This has been added to your profile.

1 Like

Welcome to the group