Greetings from sunny Wigan.

Morning all. Purchased my 1st drone yesterday - DJI mini 3 pro. Just waiting on it being delivered. Looking forward to getting out with it shortly.
Anyway, just wanted to say hi.

Thanks, kris

3 Likes

Hi Kris @2_Stroke - from a similarly sunny Poolstock :wave:t2:

Have you seen our members map? (Click the burger-menu in the top right) You may find some pilots living near you. Feel free to add yourself to the members map too :+1:t2:

Weā€™re a well established club with many knowledgeable members so itā€™s very likely that any issues you come across will have been discussed here before. Our discussion forum has very powerful search features which should help you find what you need but if you get stuck you can post a new question in the #questions-and-answers category.

Looking for recommendations of places to fly? Check out our interactive map on Drone Scene - be sure to log in to gain access to the full suite of features and map layers:

And please feel free to add locations of your own too.

Please also take a moment to look at the Membership Levels section on our FAQ as weā€™re quite different to other clubs and youā€™ll be eligible for some rather exclusive club discounts as your membership level increases :blush:

Welcome once again!

Hi Kris and welcome to GADC :+1: :+1:

Morning @2_Stroke welcome too GADC thereā€™s some fantastic members on here & the list for people with the mini 3 pro is forever growing :+1:t2:

Hi Kris - welcome to GADC :+1: :+1: :+1:

Good 1st choice - youā€™ll enjoy the Mini 3

1 Like

@2_Stroke Hi Kris welcome to the club happy flying when you get your mini 3

Welcome Kris to GADC :clap: :clap:

Hi Kris, welcome mate from just down the road in Skem.
Good choice with the drone, one major asset the mini 3 has is, which I think will help you with just starting out, itā€™s bloody quietšŸ‘. Itā€™ll help you feel a little less paranoid about launching itšŸ‘. People just donā€™t notice it.
Happy flying mate, youā€™ll find loads of good stuff on this site :+1:

Thanks for the welcomes. Hoping to get out today if this poxy weather sorts itself out. Just a bit nervous for the first flight. lol

Thanks, kris

Just take it step by step mate , try not to panic it will all come together , I still get nervous after 2 years even but I have bad anxietyā€™s anyway , will this be your first time flying a drone ?

Morning, yes iā€™m a drone virgin. lol. Just looking at the various maps, trying to find a quiet/out of the way place that i can make a fool of myself. lol

Ok , we all have to start somewhere and thereā€™s always things to learn , yes try find somewhere open and out the way and practise your basics etc etc.

Remember to do your checks and compass calibration & set your home point ( Iā€™m sure youā€™ve revised that all ready :+1:t2: )

Then if you do feel the courage or feel quite confident and take it up and out a bit then if you do get a bit nervous , with RTH set and hopefully all is good you always have that as a back up to bring the drone back but just take it easy , RTH is what itā€™s there for and other scenarios but itā€™s better IMHO to not have to use it unless you really have to some may agree , some may disagree but Iā€™m sure youā€™ll be ok & I wish you the best of luck for your first flight :crossed_fingers:t2:

Iā€™m still learning bits and bobs myself and thereā€™s many many more advanced members on here than me !
But if I can try and put a little bit of input in to help someone I will but if I donā€™t know the answer Iā€™d not even guess it , as I wouldnā€™t want or at least try not to point someone in the wrong direction ,

Just make sure first flight you find some real open space :+1:t2:

1 Like

Thanks for the tips/advice. Iā€™ll let you know how it goes (just need a break in the weather). haha.

Thanks, kris

Looking fine this afternoon for you around our parts, a bit windy though. Download UAV forecast if you havenā€™t, itā€™s quite helpful. Having said that, donā€™t always trust an app, try to go by your own instincts. Itā€™ll come.
Forecast is saying 15/16 mph, the mini 3 is ok with that,it may look like itā€™s bobbling round like mad, but itā€™s fine, mini 3s seem to do that. Just keep it down to around 30m or so, gusts can be a bit of a surprise when they come and you want to be lower down really, than right up there. Always try to make sure the wind is blowing in your direction that your facing, so if it is strong, when bringing your drone back, your not fighting against it. Flip it into sport mode if the drone is struggling.
Try and find a nice open field, no obstacles, plant yourself in the middle, and off you gošŸ‘
Have a good day matešŸ˜

2 Likes

Welcome and you are in the right place to start your hobby. a lot of friendly helpful members.

Thanks for the heads up on UAV forecast. looks like a hand APP to have. Didnā€™t manage to get out this afternoon but looking good for the morning.

Thanks, kris