Greetings from Wakefield

Hi everyone only just started flying my drone since Christmas. my wife bought me a mavic mini. Only played in the garden so far but looking to getting out more to fly ! Found the forum on the internet so thought I would join. Happy flying everyone.

3 Likes

Welcome Dave, I was born in Wakey (or so my passport says)

Loads of great flying not far from you.

I’m out in Selby and always up for a meet, there is usually a few of us, safety in numbers and all that

2 Likes

Thank you Chris sounds great! Safety in numbers sounds good

2 Likes

Hi Dave and welcome to GADC.

Hi Dave / @Zues, and welcome to GADC. :+1:

An ever increasing number of our members also own the Mavic Mini … so you are amongst good company.

If you haven’t already, take a look at the Map of Members and you’ll see there are a few other members in your neck of the woods.

(Don’t forget to add yourself to that map :+1: How to add yourself to the Members Map )

The forum’s search functions are a very efficient way to find previous threads and posts that might already have covered topics in which you are interested in learning more or answer that niggling question but, when this doesn’t turn up what you’re after, there’s a wealth of knowledge amongst the members, so ask away over on #questions-and-answers.

Also, if you’ve not seen it, check out our map of places where members have flown in the past … which, obviously, doesn’t necessarily mean they are still OK to fly and, as always, any pilot needs to check that everything’s OK before flying at any of them.

Please also take a moment to look at the Membership Levels section on our FAQ .

Welcome aboard!

Welcome to the club :crazy_face:

Thank you your so kind

1 Like

Welcome from a fellow MM owner!!

Welcome from a fellow newbie. Found this club a few days ago myself.
I’m Hessle, near Humber Bridge. I’ve just got a MM, not even flown outside yet due to crappy weather, am hoping tomorrow will be the day. Happy flying.

1 Like

Yes weather not the best ! Hopefully be out flying soon

Thank you very much. How are you finding the mini to fly !

Check out my YouTube channel?
Love the mini but it’s the only drone I ever flew. Total drone beginner since end of November '19. You’ll find that I flew it out to 1.5 km
Hope you enjoy yours as much as I do mine!!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvBCsat4AOPkfgS6ngnRNQw

2 Likes

Welcome from Portsmouth regards Irvine

1 Like

I will certainly check your Chanel out :+1:t2:

Thank you

Hi, Great video’s on your channel.

Hello Dave from a fellow Yorkshireman :wave:

1 Like

Well hello there sir I trust you are well

1 Like

Hi Dave, Apologies for being late in my welcome.
You are in the best drone forum, anywhere!.
Lots of advice and tips here on GADC.
Everyone is a “Friend” here, we love a bit of banter and we do have “Meets” where you can have a flight or two with other like minded drone nurds, a good chat, and followed by (maybe) a few beers !.
Once again welcome from one of the “old farts” !.
Most Important !, Stay Safe out there.

1 Like

It’s an absolute pleasure mr baker and sure our paths will cross in the future for some flying

1 Like