Had a squeaky bum moment :/

All sounds a bit like “black ops” type stuff…oh errr… :wink: :wink: :rofl:

Big Windy / Flying Banana / Chinook - yes

Also tilt rotor Osprey and various single rotor craft, often late at night.

There is some sneaky-beaky stuff that goes on there due to a presence of weekend gentlemen from Hereford. I had a pass to the Island when I stored vehicles there, nicely peaceful place but the understanding was that if there was a shit / fan interface civvies would be denied access due to a lot of classified operations.

1 Like

wow ! interesting stuff,now i am intrigued! cheers Rob… :+1: :+1:

Also known as a Woka-Woka… :smile:

1 Like

Would love to be a fly on the wall…knowing my luck,i would get swatted!!! :rofl: :rofl:

I presume you had the aerials pointing ‘flat face’ towards the drones direction and not ‘pointy part’ towards the drone? Such a simple thing in combination with trees, which have a large amount of sap and leaves at the moment can easily drop signal strength down. The lesson to us all is to keep an eye on your instruments, and fit a small strobe to the drone so it’s easily spotted in the sky if you take your eyes off it to check your instruments. Glad it ended well for you.

1 Like

Better than the bloke the other weekend ,who decided to take his drone up near Sizewell PS, police were on scene in 2 mins flat !.

2 Likes

Must have been a slow day for them… :wink:

1 Like

I reckon so, i think they biked there ?.
The BIB in Suffolk have just found out that the wheel has been invented !. LOL
(in his best Suffolk Swede" lilt)
“Ere’ Ron ain’t dat won a them thar drons dat sowened like a bumble bee?”
“Thar be roight Ron!, Jus tell im ta pish off while I git Kettle on fera brew !”

3 Likes

Don’t worry Boys !, Matron will be along a little later with my medication !.

3 Likes

Haven’t rolled this one out in a while… RTH really works well!

1 Like

Maybe today’s update will help. The last thing we need is crashing issues!

3 Likes

Just out of interest, the trees where you lost signal, are they in anyway elevated in relation to the take off point? The reason I ask is that trees, especially in full leaf as they are now, are great attenuators at the frequencies that most drones use so even though you may had a clear line of sight of your Mavic your controller may not with it being down by your belly button.

Nidge.

1 Like

They are only 3ft higher so nothing to major really, but the trees are very dense. I’m tempted to take it there again to see what happens

Haven’t read all the posts but did it not connect as it got closer?

I’m always losing signal but within a few seconds of RTH initiating, I’m connected again.

It didnt reconnect until it was very close, by which point I was just happy to have it landing so I could give it a cuddle lol.
I fly the same area every day… so not sure why yesterday was any different

3 Likes

Did you check the Transmission in the Go4 app before taking off? I had a similar situation with my P4Pro a while ago and for some reason it was using 5.8 as opposed to 2.4. I have found that if the Transmission is set to Auto my drones revert to 5.8 if I’m playing about with them in the house. Must be something blocking 2.4 indoors.

I was flying over woodland today. Lost signal twice although the aircraft was in plain sight with antennae correctly oriented. The trees were in full leaf and I had the posts at the top of this subject in mind before I took off. Looks as though the tree sap explanation holds water (sorry!)

It was also windier above the trees than the manual gives as a maximum so I got warnings about that and the loss of vision sensors because of the aircraft’s tilt.

Interesting flight.

1 Like

I think your probably right. Tried the same route again and lost it in the same place. Started keeping it closer to me now and has been fine :slight_smile: