Hallo from Brighton

Hi Everyone,
I’m new to drones - a Midrone 220 for xmas has given me the bug. I’m currently building a 210 kit from unmanned tech which has a cool uopgrade path - decent fpv, gps etc etc.
I’m interested in meeting other local pilots to improve my flying skills. I’m especially interested in getting to know people with good technical knowledge and skills :wink:

1 Like

Hi @Montocat and welcome to GADC. Im just down the coast near Chichester and A Mavic Air Flyer. Not the one for the tech knowledge though as much prefer ready made than diy!

1 Like

Hi Simon / @Montocat , and welcome to GADC.

We have a growing number of members who are into self-builds … to the extent that the #racing-quads-self-bulilds-and-fpv section was added recently.

If you haven’t already, take a look at the Map of Members and you’ll see there are a few other members in your neck of the wood.

(Don’t forget to add yourself to that map :+1: : How to add yourself to the Members Map )

Also, if you’ve not seen it, check out our map of places where members have flown in the past … which, obviously, doesn’t necessarily mean they are still OK to fly and, as always, any pilot needs to check that everything’s OK before flying at any of them.

Hello and welcome.

1 Like

There’s something to be said for ready built. Especially as soldering - like threading needles - appears to have got a lot more fiddly and difficult to see since I last did any!

1 Like

:joy:

And…added to the map. Thanks for pointing at the fpv section. I’ll shortly be spamming it with stupid questions, no doubts.

Except the £££. :wink:

1 Like

Welcome.

Good luck with the tinkering.

1 Like

Hi simon welcome to our little home on the web
There’s a guy on YouTube called “that HPI guyl” use to work at quadcopters a while back or still does he does a lot of self builds and a mad flyer too

1 Like

Thanks - I’ll check him out.

Awesome. Unfortunately we don’t do industrial wasteland to fly in Sussex. Would his stuff work around tea rooms?

1 Like

Hi @Montocat I’m no good with tech stuff. :dizzy_face: I’m only up the road in Crawley, newbie to drones so am looking for people to fly with and safe places to fly

Probably not :wink:

Use your imagination - freestyle round a coffee and walnut cake? His tutorials are good.

1 Like

Not too close to transport hubs in Crawley! I practice occasionally at Ditchling Common which is not exactly half way in my favour.