Handy tip to avoid expensive controller repair

Russ at 51drones posted a you tube vlog about the micro usb slot on the MP controller becoming easily damaged by repeated insertion of either the OE cable or aftermarket cable the wrong way round. There is a tiny ‘tongue’ inside the controller slot which breaks off. Its easy to do. The repair or replacement cost of the controller, not to mention the down time from flying is expensive because the controller will no longer charge… Soooo my tip is.
I have painted a white spot on one side of the micro usb cable connector to indicate whuch way is up.

1 Like

I saw that vid and thought … it’s the same connector as millions of phones and other devices … I have, and have had, goodness knows how many over the years and it’s never been an issue for me or anyone else I know.

Even more interesting is the thought that ANYONE would try putting the OE cable in the wrong way when it’s shaped in such a way as to make this (almost) totally impossible.

1 Like

Simple but excellent idea.

I did exactly the same thing on my iPad cable :smiley:

The micro usb slot isn’t the same as countless other devices as a previous reply suggests. The micro usb slot on the MP controller is almost square, whereas other devices have an obvious taper. It’s easy to get things the wrong way round, as loads of people have found that out when they find they can’t charge the controller. Those of us that might need glasses are also at a disadvantage.

1 Like

So it is, point taken, :bowing_man:
Still not caused me any issues.

I still can’t see how people can get the OE cable in the incorrect way, tho. :wink:

I still can’t see how people can get the OE cable in the incorrect way, tho. :wink:
Funnily enough that’s pretty much what the wife used to say, I think she was meaning the OE cable, but who knows, since she ran off with the coalman. Came home one day and found a pair of sooty testicle imprints on the bedsheets, hmm I thought mine were pretty clean, and had a look, and yes mine were spotless. That’s when my whole world fell apart…I discovered DAZ does not wash whiter.
I wrote to the makers for a refund and they replied that unfortunately ‘sooty testicle imprints’ are not covered by a money back guarantee.
So I wrote again, pleading with them, to have pity upon me, to at least send me a voucher, something, anything…so I can buy some carrots for his bloody horse.

1 Like

Ayeeeha! So it wasn’t by dragging their feet at work that closed the mines then? :see_no_evil:

“Anyway it’s a good idea for us with fading eyesight.
Am off to B&Q to get 5L of brilliant white paint.

1 Like