Happas Road - Added to Forests and Trees in Scotland

I have just added this to the map of places to fly your drone at Drone Scene:

Land owner permission not required.

There is a good sized parking spot here. This is forest so you must beware of birds of prey. Occasional and very light traffic on the Happas Road. Avoid the temptation to cross the A90. It is surrounded by farms and grazing animals. Caution must be taken to not upset animals.

The originator declared that this location was not inside a Flight Restriction Zone at the time of being flown on 10/12/2021. It remains the responsibility of any pilot to check for any changes before flying at the same location.

3 Likes

Thats proper big country looks amazing :sunglasses:

It is amazing, but it can also be very dark and wet (as you can see from the contrast ridden photos and videos). I have to say, I got a very rude introduction to the dangers of Birdā€™s Of Prey flying here and it gave me great practice in ā€œgo low and get the heck out of thereā€. But you shouldnā€™t let that put you off, itā€™s well worth it and quite away from the general public.

Thanks for the advice, Iā€™m up at Lock Goil in April for a week right on the waterā€™s edge so hoping to find some great places to fly :+1:

Nice! Keep us posted please as there are too few sites listed for Scotland. I am currently looking at whether I could get access to the ā€œearliest Pictish fortā€ just up from Dunnottar Castle (56.945769288418354, -2.1974331013255273).

Stunning video shows how ā€˜earliest Pictish fortā€™ could have looked