Has anyone been charged to fly somewhere?

What you doing in a UK group, thought you’d fled the country?

1 Like

Providing it ;o)

5 Likes

Sounds like there’s a good job opportunity for someone who can sell themselves and an idea
Go round a lot of attractions that you know people want to fly at and sell the idea of charging and you can police it till it’s running ok specially if you can convince them it would be good advertisement for the said site

I’m sure it was my dad who told me a story about a weekly market when he was younger where the old guy on the gate would charge a small fee for the car park, then he was joined by his son who eventually took over the pitch. Regular, friendly faces for years… just part of the market.

Until one week there was nobody there and the parking was free.

Turned out the council thought they were part of the market, the market thought they were from the council… and it turned out to just be a guy and his son on a very long grift.

5 Likes

Urban legend

2 Likes

Awww, that’s sad… I’ve believed that for years. :rofl:

3 Likes

That is either a pretty lame excuse to charge you a fiver or the cheapest public liability insurance I have ever seen. I assume for your hard earned cash you were given a legal disclaimer should there be a incident?

This sounds like my friends experience.

@Odo2020 moved your post here to the original thread

Perhaps now the national trust are pleading poverty because of lost income maybe we should suggest a drone charge , if they truly are as penny less as they would have us believe they might welcome it

3 Likes

The problem with that is that, as a body that has to have public liability insurance they could end up paying more insurance (for all their hundreds of sites) than they could ever harvest in fees from drone fliers.

Well said!!

No national trust would want to charge silly money like commercial rates for individuals using it, just like in photography.