Has anyone moved over from Final Cut to DaVinci Resolve?

Hi all. I currently use Final Cut Pro and am getting quite proficient with it, but I’ve just been looking at using Davinvi Resolve for colour grading, which seems amazing. So, how difficult would it be to move right over and do everything in DVR? What’s the learning curve like?

2 Likes

I have just started to learn how too use Davinci, at my age I need all the luck to use it. Lol’s

3 Likes

I use DaVinci all the time, I had no knowledge before owning a drone a year ago, DaVinci is one of the easiest platforms I’ve touched and I’ve tried Premier Pro, Filmora and I’ve always gone back to DR. :ok_hand:

1 Like

I use Filmora 9 Pro, very much like Davinci Resolve and Final Cut. All great pieces of software.

I haven’t got any drone footage yet as I only got it last Sunday but feel free to comment on the videos I have done so far :wink: ‘Essex on Film’ on YouTube

Blatant plug… :smiley:

2 Likes

Anything wrong with the colour grading in FCPX?

1 Like

That’s the problem Jim. The old grey matter isn’t as quick as it used to be!

That’s encouraging, Steve. Thanks.

1 Like

Nothing at all Chris, I just believe that DVR goes the extra mile. i was recently sent a rough cut, shot in log on a very high end Canon video camera. It was very flat and washed out, of course, but after they’d graded it, the result was quite incredible. I decided then I want to be a proficient colourist, rather than just tweaking the odd clip here & there! :grinning:

I used Premier Pro for about 6 years before moving over to Davinci and I wouldn’t go back. I’ve now edited about 100 wedding films on Davinci. As was said, it is easy to use. It’s also one of the best for colour grading.

2 Likes

I used VideoPad for a long time, but recently switched to Davinci. There is a bit of a learning curve but after using it for only a month or so I’m going to stick with it. I can now shoot my drone footage on a day out, be home at teatime, and have it edited and up on YouTube before bedtime. The ‘cut’ tab is particularly handy for that. Tutorials for most anything you need to do are easily found online.

1 Like

I’m surprised nobody’s mentioned Cyberlink PowerDirector, which I find brilliant. How does DaVinci compare with that?

1 Like

That’s what I’ve heard John. You must have to get the colour grading spot on for weddings. I haven’t yet used it in earnest.

1 Like

Moved from premiere pro, worth it just for the colour correction page.

Cheers Andy

1 Like

Thanks Andy. I never got on with Premier Pro and I hate the subscription model. Cheers

1 Like