Hello from Burnley

I am new to drones and purchased a Mavic Air in June this year and wish I had done it years ago. As a leisure flier I use my drone for 2 things, firstly for video and photography along with my Osmo mobile 2 and iPhone 8 Plus and secondly to save my legs carrying out Vermin control on 3 farms. I sit in the centre of the 500+ acres and send up the drone and fly round the perimeter to spot foxes, rabbits etc. And once spotted head straight for them, It makes Vermin control far more interesting.
For photography the MA is fantastic, portable, easy to carry and provides high quality footage and images.
I am a 73 year old “old fart” but the drone has given me a new lease of life and hope to enjoy it long enough to see the Mavic Air 2…3…4…etc.

Hi Stephen, and welcome to GADC.

There area lots of other members with the Mavic Air, so you’re in good company. :+1:

If you haven’t already, take a look at the Map of Members. This is a relatively new feature so not everyone is on there, and I’m sure there are far more members in your neck of the woods that will come and say Hi.

(Don’t forget to add yourself to that map : Members’ Location Map - A Guide)

Also, if you’ve not seen it, check out our map of places where members have flown:

Welcome Stephen @Claretcass
Am not too far away, just in Calderdale.
Look forward to meeting up in the future, will keep you posted on any meets in the North.

1 Like

Thanks very much

SteveC

Welcome Steve to the madhouse
Sorry i mean flying club
live in Bolton and same as Mick always up for a fly just give either of us a shout (weather permitting of course)

Hi from a bit further west @Claretcass :smiley:

Hi Steve and welcome
I’m a long way south in that lovely place (not) known as Luton

Hello from South Wales.

Welcome aboard :grinning:

Hi Steve,
A big welcome from the Bump of England, better known as East Anglia.
We have plenty of flat areas around here to fly over, our highest point is Sheringham Hump. We are not known for our Hills round here !.
Have a great time surfing about, or just ask a question or two on Droning in general.
Welcome !

Welcome from another MA flier

Hello from down south… :crazy_face:

73 !, your as young as you feel Stephen !.
I am 64, and all I had as a kid was a huge “Meccano” set.
jesus!, now look what technology we have !

From a fellow Mavic Air owner, welcome aboard the good ship GADC :slightly_smiling_face:

J (from London)

3 Likes