Hello from Cumbria

I’ve recently been given a DJI Phantom 4 (plain 4, not 4 pro or anything) and am learning how to fly it. I’m currently using it for landscape photography but it’s very early days. I’m finding the rule about always being able to see the drone quite limiting but I can see the sense of it. I’m tempted to see if DJI have some kind of flashing light I can attach to the drone. That would help.

1 Like

Welcome to the site.

I was working up that way last week :+1:

1 Like

Serch online for drone strobes , the is also a few topics on her on that subject, type stobes in the serch engine (magnifiing glass near top right of page)

1 Like

search even

If/When you become a Full Member, you will be able to access the “Members Only” Area and take advantage of a 10 % off from “Strobon” the Company that make probably the best Drone Strobe.

Hi @tgcumbria , and welcome to GADC. :+1:

Quite a few of our members also own a P4 … so you are amongst good company.

If you haven’t already, take a look at the Map of Members and you’ll see there are a few other members in your neck of the woods, some of whom I’m sure will come and say Hi.

The forum’s search functions are a very efficient way to find previous threads and posts that might already have covered topics in which you are interested in learning more or answer that niggling question but, when this doesn’t turn up what you’re after, there’s a wealth of knowledge amongst the members, so ask away over on #questions-and-answers.

Also, if you’ve not seen it, check out our map of places where members have flown in the past … which, obviously, doesn’t necessarily mean they are still OK to fly and, as always, any pilot needs to check that everything’s OK before flying at any of them.

Please also take a moment to look at the Membership Levels section on our FAQ .

Welcome aboard!

1 Like

Thanks All. I’d never have thought of “drone strobe” as something to look for, and I’ll look at the map :slight_smile: