Hello from Derbyshire

Hi Everyone.

Very new to drone flying, my first drone actually arrives today (Mavic Mini). My primary interest is aerial photography being in to photography for many many years. Excited to try some videography as this is something I’ve never done. I recently obtained my Flyer and Operator ID even though the Mavic Mini is under 250g as I get the feeling I may be upgrading later in the year.

Cheers. Dave…

5 Likes

Hi Dave @Hellcat and welcome to GADC

Good choice on the Mini, lots of our members have it myself included and there are lots of examples of videos/photos and panos all over our pages. Although I don’t think you’ll have much chance to fly this weekend ;o(

Take a look at, and perhaps add yourself to our members map. where you will find local folk who are always up for meets.

Looking for somewhere to fly, check out Drone Scene you can log in with your GADC details, its a great resource, all from our members flying experiences.

Most of all enjoy your stay with us, a great friendly bunch, don’t be afraid to ask any questions you may have

Thanks Chris @milkmanchris . Currently 40mph gusts so it will be an indoor setup day. One of my other interests is astrophotography and the the usual things is that when you buy a new telescope or accesory it’s guaranteed to be cloudy skies for a month after purchase so nothing new here in drone land :rofl:

I’ve yet to have a thorough read through the forum but i’ll be keepiung an eye out for anyone who’s had experience with aerial inspections as this quite interests me as a future endeavour.

Very early days yet and lots to learn so it’s potentially a future possibility.

Now if this ruddy wind would pack it in!!!

Cheers Dave…

2 Likes

Hi Dave , and welcome to the family.

1 Like

Hi, and welcome aboard. I’m sure you’ll enjoy flying in and around Derbyshire (when it’s not windy). I’m near Heanor/Horsley Woodhouse/Belper area if ever you’d like to fly. Cheers Steve

1 Like

Welcome from a recent newbie. GreyArrows is a great place to be - lots of helpful people to get you started on the journey.
Advice from me is “don’t go near trees” - could be the green colouring but whatever there’s something in trees that is like a magnet :magnet: for drones!!! Well mine at least.
Enjoy your new money pit :smiley:

2 Likes

Welcome … you have come to the best place for help
And advice… Great choice on first drone, but trust me once you get the bug for it you’ll be upgrading pretty soon👍…

Looking forward to viewing your photos/videos. Remember we are here to help so anything you not sure of just ask

Yes the money is starting to flow already. Just discovered the Fly app won’t run on any android device I have because it’s a 64 bit app. Just ordered another tablet. {groan!!}

1 Like

Hi Dave and welcome to GADC. I’m a photographer too and also got in to drones to shoot aerial photographs. My Mavic 2 Pro gives me a whole new perspective on places I’d previously only photographed from a tripod. Happy flying! :+1: :grinning:

Hi Dave, welcome to GADC, this is a fantastic site full of helpful honest advise, the mini is a great drone , a member on here Ian in London has done a load of very good videos on YouTube that will help you get the most out of it .

1 Like

Thanks @scottydog I’ve come across Ian on Youtube and have seen a few of his vids (makes a change to watch a video not made by and American or Canadian)

Cheers dave…

1 Like

he is really great and does some really good videos that can really help those of us new to drones and yes so so nice that its not over the top American. I’ve learned a lot from his videos and he is also a member here.

1 Like

Oh you will, you will. Now‘s the time to give your bank account a stern talking to - you need to tell it to man up and not to be scared
:joy::joy:
Welcome

1 Like