Hello from Eastleigh

Hello from Eastleigh, completely new to the world of drones having just purchased a DJI Mini 2. Looking forward to getting out and about, and getting some good pictures and videos of the local area.

5 Likes

:wave: :wave: :wave: … from a long way away in … oh … Eastleigh.

:wink:

Welcome to GADC.

5 Likes

Welcome!

Remember being taken around Asda there about 40 years ago as a massive hypermarket!

Also the home of Kipling cakes :slight_smile:

Although I lived in Winchester at the time, I remember that the hypermarket was originally constructed by the French supermarket chain, Carrefour, and opened in '74.

More interesting, I find, on the approaches to the roundabout at its entrance, the relevant lanes still have the original “Hypermarket” visible … in very ageing paint … even though it’s not been referred to by that name (other than by some locals) in donkey’s years.

I also remember the delicious aromas from Mr Kipling as one drove past on the M3 just before it bifurcates into the M27.

It was located where Halfords, etc, now are … and the road opposite bears their name …

Welcome!

Yes Asda still there and probably bigger now, but unfortunately Kiplings cakes are long gone. That site is now a Hendy car showroom.

1 Like

Thank you

Welcome @anon10131272

Lovely part of the world you live in my brother is from totton And always rubbing it in how good the weather is down there :cry::cry::cry::cry: my nephew play for Eastleigh and coaches.

Enjoy yourself here :+1:

Thank you

1 Like

Hi I’m not far from you I’m in Romsey

1 Like

Hi Chris, I think I may venture over Romsey to do some flying as live within airport restriction zone and appears to be very little places in Eastleigh to fly.

Haha!! I am originally from Winchester myself, where did you live when you were there?

Perhaps we can meet up and fly together some time

Hello from Bishopstoke! Newbie here, still looking for a place to fly as I’m also in the FRZ. Is there anywhere over in Romsey, maybe Green Hill? I doubt they’d appreciate it in the Memorial Park!

I never fly locally, any more.

And with Covid, I’ve been very close to nowhere in the last year.

Besides a couple of pics on a foggy morning, that coincided with having to be both outside the FRZ and somewhere I had permission to fly, I’ve not flown in all that time.

Yes definitely once we are allowed out and allowed to mix properly, you will be able to give me some tips of what to do and what not to do.

Hi, I am looking to venture over Romsey way to start using drone and also the opposite direction to Bishop Waltham. Another area I am considering is Farley Mount, but obviously once we are allowed out and about.

Since I have had my drone I have over flown it three times and all of those have been on my lunch break at work down the docks. I haven’t ventured anywhere else yet due to restrictions.

I’ve flown at Farley Mount, but it can be totally heaving … especially late last summer and autumn when we were eventually allowed out.
Saw at the car parks and came home.

I work permanent nights so hope to pop up there one day in week once lockdown is over and hope it’s not as busy as a weekend.

1 Like