Hello from Fordingbridge, New Forest

G’day …Andy here in the New Forest a newbie flyer soaking up all the do’s and don’ts.
Bought myself a Mavic Air to try and capture a different view on life but found that there is a similar hatred from people like there is for my other passion of motorbikes.
So sad.

Anyone out flying today ?

2 Likes

Hi Andrew and welcome to GADC (other wise known as the Nut House) :crazy_face:

No doubt one of the Mods will be along soon to give you the official Grey Arrows welcome.

1 Like

Welcome to the group :+1:

1 Like

Hi Andrew / @AndrewP, and welcome to GADC. :+1:

A significant number of our members also own the excellent Mavic Air … so you are amongst good company.

If you haven’t already, take a look at the Map of Members and you’ll see there are a few other members in your neck of the woods.

(Don’t forget to add yourself to that map :+1: How to add yourself to the Members Map )

The forum’s search functions are a very efficient way to find previous threads and posts that might already have covered topics in which you are interested in learning more or answer that niggling question but, when this doesn’t turn up what you’re after, there’s a wealth of knowledge amongst the members, so ask away over on #questions-and-answers.

Also, if you’ve not seen it, check out our map of places where members have flown in the past … which, obviously, doesn’t necessarily mean they are still OK to fly and, as always, any pilot needs to check that everything’s OK before flying at any of them.

Please also take a moment to look at the Membership Levels section on our FAQ .

Welcome aboard!

1 Like

Fly within the “Drone Code”, then tell them to F off !

2 Likes

Sounds like my plan …but I might hold back with the sex and travel till a bit later.:+1:
I got the ok to fly outside of the yeovilton air base no fly zone but Haynes motor museum was smoke screening with no you can’t " health and safety, data protection and privacy blah blah blah " …I was trying to get pictures of a bike meeting from the opposite side of the road. So CAA Drone code it is .

1 Like

Providing you take off from “Public Land” ie. the road/pathway, and not private property and adhere to the Drone Code, then you are good to fly.
Also make sure you are registered with CAA, and drone is marked with Your ID.

1 Like

Thanks Chris , yes that’s my plan I’m all marked up, insured and I will have clear line of sight and I’ll be about 150m down the road.

One small problem is the weather at the mo …heavy rain which tends to mean few bikes.

Far from it!, if I am self quarantined, I will need something to pass the time away! LOL

1 Like