Hello from Hessle Flyer

Well I will be when the weather picks up. Just got a DJI Mavic Mini on Thursday, but had a stag do in Newcastle over the weekend. Got it all set up and updated today but no chance of a first flight outdoors. Couldn’t resist a little test in the conservatory though, can wait to get it outdoors.

Found my Bugs 4 was a little disappointing as regards video quality and stability, so opted for the Mavic Mini for recreational flying. Found this site tonight so thought I’d dive in and say hello.

Regards,

Buddah

6 Likes

Welcome to the club Ian, fair few mini owners on here,!so your in good hands! :handshake:

Welcome Ian to the best drone forum.
We love a bit of banter, and plenty of conversation, thrown in with you photos to share on the forum.
Feel free to pick our brains, you are amongst the most experienced hobby drone flyers in the country.
Keep an eye open for people in your area who are always up to meet with you to pass on thier experience.

Hi Ian, not far away from you near Goole.

Often up at The Humber Bridge and St Andrews flying, Beverley Westwood is a good spot too.

Give me a shout when (if) the weather improves, always up for a meet

Hi guys, thanks for the welcome. looking forward to meeting a few of you and gaining for experience. Would welcome a flight session near Humber Bridge etc. Did notice a great pic of the old LordLine building, looks interesting around there.

Milkmanchris, certainly up for a meet, bet there’s few good places nr Goole too.

I assume you all see this reply, not been on a forum before, so still finding my way around here too. :grin:

2 Likes

Hi Ian / @Buddah, and welcome to GADC. :+1:

A rapidly increasing number of our members also own the Mavic Mini … so you are amongst good company.

If you haven’t already, take a look at the Map of Members and you’ll see there are a few other members in your neck of the woods, some of whom I’m sure will come and say Hi.

The forum’s search functions are a very efficient way to find previous threads and posts that might already have covered topics in which you are interested in learning more or answer that niggling question but, when this doesn’t turn up what you’re after, there’s a wealth of knowledge amongst the members, so ask away over on #questions-and-answers.

Also, if you’ve not seen it, check out our map of places where members have flown in the past … which, obviously, doesn’t necessarily mean they are still OK to fly and, as always, any pilot needs to check that everything’s OK before flying at any of them.

Please also take a moment to look at the Membership Levels section on our FAQ .

Welcome aboard!

Welcome to site, loads of info and a good set of peeps on here :+1:

1 Like

Hi Ian and a warm welcome to the GADC from N.E. Lincs

:wave: :+1:

Welcome to GADC, Ian

Thankyou :+1: