Hello from JV in Cornwall

Hi everyone, JV here. Just saying hello.

I live in Cornwall.

I’ve had a DJI Phantom 4 Pro V2 for a while now so not completely new to the game. I’ll most likely be getting a Mavic Mini 2 in the near future.

I’ve been an IT/Web contractor for a number of years so when not engaged in a contract I’d be off around the world as a travel photographer. At the moment I’m trying to get a few of my own online projects off the ground as I’m basically doing anything to avoid the 9 to 5 (even though it looks like this is rapidly becoming a thing of the past thanks to Covid (In my line of work anyway).

I’ve got various websites and YouTube channels documenting my travels around the world and adventures in Cornwall. I’m looking to incorporate drone footage more into my videos so once I’ve got my Mavic Mini 2 I’ll do the A2COFC and beyond that, I’m planning on getting a commercial licence if everything else I’ve got going on at the moment goes according to plan.

Cheers
JV

5 Likes

Hi @JV74 and welcome to Grey Arrows :wave:t2:

The Mini 2 is the most popular drone with our members now, it’s an excellent choice.

Have you seen our members map? (Click the burger-menu in the top right) You may find some pilots living near you. Feel free to add yourself to the members map too :+1:t2:

We’re a well established club with many knowledgable members so it’s very likely that any issues you come across will have been discussed here before. Our discussion forum has very powerful search features which should help you find what you need but if you get stuck you can post a new question in the #questions-and-answers category.

Looking for recommendations of places to fly? Check out our interactive map on Drone Scene - be sure to log in to gain access to the full suite of features and map layers:

And please feel free to add locations of your own too.

Please also take a moment to look at the Membership Levels section on our FAQ as we’re quite different to other clubs and you’ll be eligible for some rather exclusive club discounts as your membership level increases :blush:

Welcome once again!

Cheers, JV

1 Like

Welcome to GADC!

Whereabouts in Cornwall are you?

I have a site in Newquay so often down there.

Thanks for the welcome. I’m based just outside of Penzance. I’m always out and about filming.

Cheers, JV

1 Like