Hello from Nortumberland

Just saying hi on here. I’m an oldtimer and totally new to drones. I researched holy stone hs700, MJX Bug 4 and the Potensic d85 so far but I’m not too sure on what to buy. I like the RTH, FOLLOW ME and ORBIT modes on the above drones. Even the price is right!!
Now I’m off to search on this forum,
Many thanks

4 Likes

Hi @Sundowner, and welcome to GADC. :+1:

Some interesting/unusual drones you have there … but you are no less welcome for that.

If you haven’t already, take a look at the Map of Members and you’ll see there are a few other members in your neck of the woods, some of whom I’m sure will come and say Hi.

(Don’t forget to add yourself to that map :+1: : How to add yourself to the Members Map )

The forum’s search functions are a very efficient way to find previous threads and posts that might already have covered topics in which you are interested in learning more or answer that niggling question but, when this doesn’t turn up what you’re after, there’s a wealth of knowledge amongst the members, so ask away over on #questions-and-answers.

Also, if you’ve not seen it, check out our map of places where members have flown in the past … which, obviously, doesn’t necessarily mean they are still OK to fly and, as always, any pilot needs to check that everything’s OK before flying at any of them.

Please also take a moment to look at the Membership Levels section on our FAQ .

Welcome aboard!

Welcome to GADC @Sundowner.

Welcome to the group, enjoy :+1:

Thank you all

Hi @Sundowner - I’m likewise from Northumberland. Currently flying MA, before that P3SE / Tello / Hubsan 501S and A. Once you settle on a model, if interested, maybe we could hook up - I’m out in the wilds past Alnwick :grinning:

And I’m in the Tyne valley. Would be good to meet up, for me anyway😁

Welcome to you I’m an old timer too and also new to drones if I was 20 years younger I would think I was having a mid-life crises :joy::joy::joy::joy:

@Scubadave63 thank you for that (Dave??). Looking at your forum name I guess you’re a diver? And, you’re ONLY 63 which makes me the older but not necessarily the wiser one :grin: 66 in January and haven’t learnt how to behave properly … yet :yum:

Whipersnappers, the lot of ya!

I am a master scubadiver never did the instructor course I always loved it now I can’t dive anymore as I had heart attack 3 years ago which is a bummer now busy learning all about flying drones and the editing side it’s great fun so I’m as big a kid as you great to be part of this new family :clap::pray::sunglasses:

1 Like