Hello from Surrey/London!

Hello everyone!

I am a new Mavic Pro pilot checking in from near Heathrow in the UK. Glad to be part of this awesome drone community!

Recently been out to the drone park in Richmond and despite the extreme wind, it was a good flight. Looking for more places to fly drones in the London/Surrey area and would like to create a meet-up where a group of us can go and fly.

Seen there have been a few places suggested on here like Surrey Hills and Laleham Park and look forward to flying in them. Worst part of being so close to Heathrow is the lack of places to fly.

Have a fantastic day and look forward to see you all out there! :+1:

Also thumbs up to the owners + moderators of this forum, the introduction tutorial was awesome.

3 Likes

Hi TJ @CaptainAdrona and welcome to Grey Arrows :smiley:

If you haven’t already, take a look at the Map of Members and you’ll see there are a few other members in your neck of the woods, some of whom I’m sure will come and say Hi, and some of whom already fly at Richmond.

(Please feel free to add yourself to that map too :+1:t2: - How to add yourself to the Members Map )

The forum’s search functions are a very efficient way to find previous threads and posts that might already have covered topics in which you are interested in learning more or answer that niggling question but, when this doesn’t turn up what you’re after, there’s a wealth of knowledge amongst the members, so ask away over on #questions-and-answers

Also, if you’ve not seen it, check out our map of places where members have flown in the past and, as always, any pilot needs to check that everything’s OK before flying at any of them - just in case!

Please also take a moment to look at the Membership Levels section on our FAQ as we’re quite different to other clubs.

Welcome once again!

1 Like

Welcome to the site .
Can’t give you sites as i live in Derbyshire .
You will get a response from the folks who live in your area .

2 Likes