Hello from the Isle of Man

Hello, Jason here - one of those Christmas newbies although my partner did spill a few weeks earlier giving me a chance to research like there was no tomorrow. I’ve really enjoyed my Mavic Mini so far, and I’ve been very impressed with the video/camera quality, especially merging photos for HDR.

I popped up to the ‘Bungalow’ during lunch as it rarely snows here. Here’s a few snaps from that visit, and a few others I’ve taken since owning the mini!

11 Likes

Welcome to the GADC Jason. One of the Mod’s will no doubt be along soon to give you the “official” Grey Arrows welcome.

Nice shots by the way :+1:.

1 Like

you know being part of this forum you have to invite us all over on tt week :grin: :rofl:

3 Likes

Welcome aboard, enjoy!! Outstanding photos!!
All the best from a fellow Mini owner

1 Like

Wow !!! What quality

1 Like

Hi Jason / @ManxJason, and welcome to GADC …. as our first IoM member, too! :+1:

An ever increasing number of our members also own the Mavic Mini … so you are amongst good company.

If you haven’t already, take a look at the Map of Members and you’ll see there are a few other members in your neck of the woods, some of whom I’m sure will come and say Hi.

(Don’t forget to add yourself to that map :+1: : How to add yourself to the Members Map )

The forum’s search functions are a very efficient way to find previous threads and posts that might already have covered topics in which you are interested in learning more or answer that niggling question but, when this doesn’t turn up what you’re after, there’s a wealth of knowledge amongst the members, so ask away over on #questions-and-answers.

Also, if you’ve not seen it, check out our map of places where members have flown in the past … which, obviously, doesn’t necessarily mean they are still OK to fly and, as always, any pilot needs to check that everything’s OK before flying at any of them.

Please also take a moment to look at the Membership Levels section on our FAQ .

Some REALLY good pics you’ve posted, too.

Welcome aboard!

1 Like

Hello and welcome Jason.

1 Like

Hi @ManxJason and welcome to Grey Arrows mate :smiley:

And I must say, I think those are amongst the best photos I’ve ever seen taken with a Mavic Mini :+1:t2:

2 Likes

Hi from the Isle of Anglesey :+1:

1 Like

Wow, what a warm welcome - thank you all. Pleasure to be here!

Welcome , looking forward to some fly by shots of clarksons place

1 Like

Morning Jason and welcome to the club nice pics and I agree with other comments it’s a rule to invite us all over at the same time :joy::joy::joy::joy:

2 Likes

Those are cracking photos, I think right now I’m as jealous of the weather as the photography!

1 Like

Hi
I’ve just found this as I’m about to go to the Isle of Man next week and would like to fly my mini 2 if the weather allows. I’ve looked on the CAA for the IoM and it looks as though the only restrictions are around the prison and keeping to the drone code. Is there anything I need to be aware of when flying on the Island?