Hello from the North West Preston/Blackpool

Hi all
Just a quick intro I’m Billy from Kirkham Nr Preston/Blackpool

I’ve had my Mavic for about 6 months, I purchased it for photography as I like taking photographs but know nothing about video, I’ve not used the Mavic much as whilst testing the Mavic I got a local resident wanting to fight me then on the second flight a white BMW drove near where I was flying and told me it was illegal etc even though I know it wasn’t as I was over open parkland with nobody in sight.

So because of the above I’m reluctant to fly, but I would be willing to meet local folks and go out flying if you ever have any meets etc.

2 Likes

Hi Billy Welcome to the forum just joined myself yesterday hope you enjoy !

1 Like

Its a shame that you’ve had two bad experiences on the two times you have flown! I always try and take off and land in an area thats ‘out the way’ just to avoid people commenting… not to mention they are technically a distraction when your operating the drone.

1 Like

Welcome to GADC, Billy. Very glad to have you with us. Sorry to hear your first flights were marred by those unfortunate encounters, don’t let it put you off.

Like you I bought my drones for photography but for stills and video. The Mavic is such a versatile platform.

1 Like

Another NW member - slowly but surely the NW will take over :wink::wink:.

Welcome to the forum Billy - you’ll learn a lot from the nice folks on here.

BTW - my eldest daughter lives in Blackpool. When we go up to meet her we could arrange a meet.

As per the numb nuts you came across, there are always ignorant people in the world who spend too much time in their own echo chamber, unfortunately you had the misfortune to meet two of these idiots on you first time out.

1 Like

But the South will rise again! Anyone got the number of Trump’s wall builder? :wink:

1 Like

Welcome to the Grey Arrows Drone Club @Blue172, great to have to have you on board :+1:

I saw the photo you posted, please do share more!

Just to echo the others, I too am sorry about the problems you’ve had on your maiden flights. Try not to let them put you off. BMW drivers eh? :roll_eyes: :wink:

But in all seriousness, as per @Reuuc I too always tend to fly “out of the way”, I find somewhere quiet (countryside mainly, near canals, that kinda thing) or I fly early in the morning. I don’t want to be pestered and I certainly don’t want to be abused, physically or verbally. Do check out our sister site at https://dronescene.co.uk for places that other members recommend :+1:

Good news, I’m in the north west too (Wigan)! We’re definitely taking over :rofl:

1 Like

Always up for a meet work and the wife are the only things that stand in the way.

Yeah, I have that problem too :roll_eyes: :wink:

@Blue172 @PingSpike this wife problem appears to be widespread :laughing:

1 Like

It’s not a problem that’s easily solved either :slight_smile:

It’s an easy problem that can be solve either don’t get married or have a new patio Fred west was good at that…