Hello from the South West (Devon and Cornwall)

Hi there, just got my DJI Mini 2 today and am excited to fly. Managed 8 minutes of flight time this afternoon :slight_smile:

Will primarily be flying around Devon and possibly Cornwall.

1 Like

Hi Andrew - welcome to GADC :+1: :+1: :+1:

1 Like

Hi @BakerA1996 and welcome to Grey Arrows :wave:t2:

Have you seen our members map? (Click the burger-menu in the top right) You may find some pilots living near you. Feel free to add yourself to the members map too :+1:t2:

We’re a well established club with many knowledgeable members so it’s very likely that any issues you come across will have been discussed here before. Our discussion forum has very powerful search features which should help you find what you need but if you get stuck you can post a new question in the #questions-and-answers category.

Looking for recommendations of places to fly? Check out our interactive map on Drone Scene - be sure to log in to gain access to the full suite of features and map layers:

And please feel free to add locations of your own too.

Please also take a moment to look at the Membership Levels section on our FAQ as we’re quite different to other clubs and you’ll be eligible for some rather exclusive club discounts as your membership level increases :blush:

Welcome once again!

1 Like

Welcome!

Although I live in Somerset, I often fly around some of my sites in Totnes and surrounding areas.

1 Like

Hi Andrew, welcome to GADC, after your first successful 8mins there is no turning back…!

1 Like

Thanks, can you recommend any good places in Totnes. I did TOAL from the arboretum yesterday and managed to get some good shots. My video recording skills need some work!

Evening Andrew,
I am very much a newbie too and have only just registered.
I think you are so lucky to live in the west country. I have spent a fair amount of time there on holiday and business, and so much of the countryside and the views are absolutely stunning - I would love to buzz a drone over there :slight_smile: