Hello from the States!

Greetings all! I am from the USA. I came across this group in planning my trip to Scotland in May. I have a Mavic 3. I have my operator ID and flyer ID squared away. I am looking forward to learning more about the variations of flight rules in the UK. Thanks for having me!

Hi @natep108 :wave:t2:

I hope you’re ready for Scottish weather>? :rofl:

For places to fly, look no further than Drone Scene:

You can login to Drone Scene using your Grey Arrows login.

Our regulations are a mess at the moment too, so be sure to check your flight here first:

1 Like

Welcome aboard Nathan,
When you have more details on your trip be sure to get in touch, the members here will be able to point you in the direction of some stunning locations to make your visit even more memorable.

welcome Nathan

Hello @natep108 welcome from a sunny uk & GADC ….

Hi, Welcome to the club…

We spent 3 MTh touring the west coast last yr and still it wasn’t enough time … it’s a beautiful place. The biting beasties are quite insatiable at times so be prepared, as with the Scottish weather can be fun also. We had cold wind, and we had rain… then we had wind and rain then more rain… I don’t remember too much sun though… :thinking:
But one thing is certain… You are going to fall in love with the place…
:smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Hi Nathan, welcome.

Hi Nathan and welcome to GADC :+1: :+1:

Welcome to GADC. Scotland is a beautiful place with stunning scenery ideal for drone flying.

Hi Nathan - welcome to GADC :+1: :+1: :+1:

Hi Nathan @natep108 and welcome to GADC.

Hi nathan welcome to gadc from Edinburgh :slightly_smiling_face:

Welcome Nathan to GADC :clap: :clap:

Whereabouts in the US are you from?

One difference is we don’t require a 107 to fly at night.

However as the Mavic 3 is over 250g you might find the A2 CofC useful to fly a bit closer to towns. Or if you invested in a mini 3 pro, you will have little restrictions.

Plenty of good threads here, so feel free to use the search option or ask for advice.

The links that @OzoneVibe gave are a great start.

welcome to GADC

Welcome

Hi Nathan and welcome. I too am planning a major tour of Scotland, by way of the NC500. I found this site which might be useful regarding the quoted comment from Indy-Garden:

1 Like

I am from Illinois. Just on the border from Iowa. Do you know of any A2 resources? I cant seem to find a great answer on the testing procedures for it. I have my 107 here. I wouldnt mind going through the course even just for learnings.

Hi Nathan - have a look at UAVHub…

Scroll down the page and you’ll see an option to enrol free - this will give you access to the training material for free - if you go on to take the exam then you have to pay.

You can also find a lot more info in this GADC thread …

Hi Nathan, Welcome to GADC from Glasgow, Scotland. There is nothing wrong with our lovely Scottish weather … if you like rain! :wink: :smiley: