Hello from the sunny south coast - Portsmouth

Hi all,

I’m fairly new to the group, been a bit of a lurker really! I started off with a Mini SE a couple of years ago and then upgraded to a Mini 3 Pro. A couple of weeks ago I treated myself to a Mavic 3 Pro and it is amazing!

I’m enjoying making some videos and editing them. Any photography or filming locations would be very much appreciated.

Regards,

Thomas

3 Likes

Hi Thomas @Thom and welcome to GADC :+1: :+1:

1 Like

Hi @Thom and welcome to Grey Arrows :wave:t2:

Looking for Public Liability Insurance? Then look no further, we offer £5,000,000 worth of cover to our Insured Members. Details of our insurance can be found at:

Looking for recommendations of places to fly? Check out our interactive map on Drone Scene and please feel free to add locations of your own too :smiley:

Interested in becoming a member of our Club? Read about all the benefits of membership at:

Wondering whether you can fly a particular model of drone under particular circumstances? Check out Good 2 Go where you’ll soon find the answer :blush:

Have you seen our Members Map? You may find some pilots living near you. Feel free to add yourself to the members map too :+1:t2:

We’re a well established club with many knowledgeable members so it’s very likely that any issues you come across will have been discussed here before. Our discussion forum has very powerful search features which should help you find what you need but if you get stuck you can post a new question in the Questions & Answers category.

Our Associates are able to enjoy a lot of great services for free but our Members are eligible for a whole lot more! Read all the details about our Membership Benefits?

And finally, if you are new to drones and wondering what it’s all about, have a look at Resources for a beginner.

Welcome once again!

Good evening @Thom Thomas & welcome :+1:

2 Likes

Welcome @Thom to the group

2 Likes

Hi Thomas @Thom and welcome aboard the GDAC group

1 Like

Hi @Thom - another of the ever growing number of members in the Portsmouth area, I see from your profile. :+1:

Edited the thread title to reflect this - and as a result you may get more interaction from people in your area.

2 Likes

Hey Thomas @Thom Welcome to GADC from a fellow Pompey resident…I’m in North End right next to Alexandra Park!

Andy :+1:

2 Likes

Hi Andy,

I’m in Hilsea, close to Foxes Forest.

Thom

Hi Thomas @Thom - welcome to GADC :+1: :+1: :+1:

1 Like

Hey Thom @Thom I was over your way getting some footage with my Air 3 when they were demolishing the old News Centre. Also, at the same time I filmed the disused Hilsea Lido…so now I’m hoping to be able to have some ‘before and after’ footage now that it’s being refurbished.

Andy :ok_hand:

1 Like

Hi Andy,

Did you do that for Hughes & Salvidge? I did mean to get some footage of the Lido coming down and do similar, but I didn’t get round to it.

Thom

Hey Thom @Thom I only fly as a hobby not commercially. I did, however, get footage of all their demolition machinery in action. I’m hoping to return and capture more footage once construction starts…exactly the same as the Lido.

Eventually, I’m going to compile a video of each project and post them on my YouTube channel…but to be honest, editing is not my forte so it may take me a while!

Andy :woozy_face:

1 Like

Hi Thom, welcome from the Black Country

2 Likes