Hello from Tooting, SW London

Hello, Grey Arrows!

I found this forum while trying to find places I can legally fly my little drone.

I’ve an Eachine E58, a teeny toy drone which, appearance-wise, is a shameless ripoff of the Mavic Pro.
It seemed sensible to start out with something sensible budget-wise and see how I liked it.

So far I’ve flown it on a secluded part of Mitcham Common which, as best as I could tell, was legal. It was good fun but right now I’m still very much in need of practice!

2 Likes

Hi David/@foggy, and welcome to GADC! +1:

There are a few Eachine owners on here, but not sure about that specific model.

If you haven’t already, take a look at the Map of Members and you’ll see there are a few other members in your neck of the wood, some of whom may be able to offer suggestions on flying locations in your area.

(Don’t forget to add yourself to that map :+1: : How to add yourself to the Members Map )

Also, if you’ve not seen it, check out our map of places where members have flown in the past … which, obviously, doesn’t necessarily mean they are still OK to fly and, as always, any pilot needs to check that everything’s OK before flying at any of them.

1 Like

Thank you very much, @OzoneVibe

I’ve just added myself to the map.

It’s not straightforward trying to work out where is and isn’t safe and legal to fly, is it?

I’ve downloaded the DroneAssist app, and am working through it at the moment. Combined with combing through council by-laws.

1 Like

Hi foggy and welcome
i use Richmond park flying field to fly,if you like we could fly when the weather settles down and you could see the mavic 2.and see if its something you would enjoy.:umbrella:

3 Likes

Welcome to the nut house, i’m a newbie too and been made to feel at home

1 Like

Hi and welcome to GADC @foggy.

I started flying one of those early last year and by May I had bought a Mavic Air, so enjoy and start saving :wink:

1 Like

Thank you, @BrianB.

Fear I might be perusing the For Sale forum here in a few months.

2 Likes

It’s Wednesday it’s a madhouse (don’t let @foggy think is always like this)
Welcome David to the Madhouse
Don’t be afraid to ask questions we don’t bite plus as you can see there are peeps about who can help you with your journey but we can’t help with your bank balance :crazy_face: if you get hooked

2 Likes

welcome David according to the bylaws you are not supposed to fly on the common but i know a few do and haven’t been approached about it so i wouldn’t worry to much you can fly over at croydon airport there is a flying club there , I fly sometimes if i want to test stuff over Beddington park but only in the week it gets to busy weekends and they have football over there weekends, there is a flying field in Richmond park one in morden park and one in hounslow

1 Like