Hello from West Norfolk

Hello all. My name is Mark and I’m a new flyer from Downham Market in West Norfolk. My sons bought me a cheap drone to fly and now I’m hooked and saving up for a better quality drone.
I’m a hobby photographer so flying drones for photography is an interesting concept for me.
I have taken some pics of Denver Sluice and the cheap camera on the drone is frankly dreadfully, so upgrading the drone is my priority.

1 Like

Denver Sluice

1 Like

Hi Mark - welcome to GADC :+1: :+1: :+1:

Hi Mark, welcome to GADC, always great to have another Norfolk recruit. I started with a cheap drone but the jump to the mini and then my Mavic 2 pro was unbelievable, I did sell the mini then regretted it so added a mini 2 and I would say a mini 2 is a excellent starting point . Anyway enjoy your flying and being a member of GADC, hope to see your posts soon ,

Thanks for the welcome. My current drone is a 4rdc mk1. It’s great to fly and had some excellent flying days.
I’m awaiting the new classification on the drones to come out before I splash the cash.

1 Like

You are welcome, you will love this site , it’s possibly the best thing you have done after buying a drone , truly great member base all willing to advise and help . I know what you mean about the C classification but be warned you ( we ) could be in for a long wait , the mini 2 will not as it stands be effected by the c in fact a new one with c might be able to do less than one without , if you search around there are some good second hand deals about , I bought my M2P from CEX second hand saved loads and it had 2 year warranty, there is always something to wait for sometimes it’s better to enjoy now than keep waiting lol .

2 Likes

Hi there ,
I’ve just found your post and I’m a complete novice about drones. I live in Wimbotsham myself.

Great photo. I’d like to learn to capture images like this as I’m an enthusiast photographer who wants to improve my skills and creativity, hence considering a drone for still photography.

Hello there. We shall have to meet up and I can show you what my DJI Mini 2 does.

Yes thats the direction I took. I wanted to bring a different perspective to my photography and flying a drone has done that. Have a look at my Flikr and you can see what I get up too. https://www.flickr.com/photos/182299361@N05/with/52477132020/

Hi ,
Thanks for your link to flickr. And you’ve echoed my thoughts on photography. What drone do you use ?
I’m looking for my first drone but don’t want to buy something that could prove to be a white elephant, any suggestions welcomed !

I fly a DJI Mini 2. They cost around £400. Its a great little drone and takes some excellent photos for its size.

It’s one of several on my list of possible drones to look out for, mostly all DJI products.