Hello from worthing

Thanks Carl for the suggestion of the hs 720 site that I will look into. With hindsight I wish I’d gone for one of the mavic drones that have a much better spec but we’ll se how I get on with the hs720 first :+1:

1 Like

Thanks… I’m sure I’ll get into it when I can get out👍

You are welcome. I had been pleased with the HS720E as a first drone and I ignored all the comments and posts from people who had found it to become unresponsive. I’d taken mine out several times, done everything by the book. Calibrated every time and including when changing the battery. The image quality was pretty good bearing in mind what I had paid.

When I felt competent enough to give my daughter a demonstration if it, I went as usual to our local countryside centre. We went into the usual field. I had checked the UAV app and we were good on wind, satellites etc.

I found the drone wasn’t rotating with the left joystick. I brought it back, switched everything on and off and started again (remembering to recalibrate). It was ok for a while but then again, would not turn. I decided to hit return to home. I pointed out to her that usually it doesn’t land on the launch pad but I can tweak it as it descends a foot or two away from it.

Sure enough, the drone was high in the sky and headed towards us. It then flew over our heads and into the adjacent field. I didn’t check the distance measure on the controller or phone, but I estimate it was a good 15-20 metres away as it began to descend. It was the other side of a row of trees and bushes.

Of course I took over the controls and steered it into land. There were ten days left in the returns window. I thought that this might have been a one off blip. And maybe I should stick with it?

But then I imagined it happening again in 12 days time and kicking myself. So I returned it. I got a full refund. What I had learned tough was that drone photography is an incredibly brilliant hobby and so by raiding a savings account I put into every month ready for when my PC dies one day, I was able to afford the Mavic Air 2.

You may well be one of the lucky ones. And I certainly don’t regret buying a Holy Stone drone. But neither do I regret sending it back. The MA2 fly more combo may have been three and a half times the price, but it’s ten times the drone. And the images are amazing!

Best wishes,

Carl

1 Like