Hello I am a new member from From Laleham Near Staines-upon-Thames

Hello I am New Member. I bought a SUV drone a while back as it’s under water and attached it is not going to harm anyone! I use it to inspect under my classic yacht. I have been after a waterproof Drone for a while and waited until they had matured. I bought a Slash Drone 3 fully waterproof Drone. It’s a bit of a beast and a big step up from what I am used to.

3 Likes

Hi Peter and welcome to GADC, any media you can share from the yacht inspection?

Hi, Welcome to GADC

Hi Peter and welcome to GADC.

@milkmanchris it’s very dull the prop only. The marina I was in had an issue with coral worm. The hull was treated with copper coat anti foul but the prop etc was vulnerable. I am going to use it more out at sea. Now I have sorted out the marina issue by moving.

1 Like

Welcome.

Cool! Whats the signal like when it’s on the surface?

@notveryprettyboy the RUV is attached on an umbilical to a receiver at the end you then use a remote control to control it. It’s pretty clever I will put some pics up. The reason I joined is I bought a Splash Drone 3 from Swell Pro. (Not a slash drone, isn’t autocorrect a joy) this is 100 waterproof so can land and take off from the water. I haven’t used it yet as its a bit off a beast with 12inch props.

1 Like

Well this will introduce a new slant on drone pictures and videos!! :smiley:

Agreed. Looking forward to it…

Welcome Peter @SS35
Looking forward to some pictures