Hello to anyone in Norwich, Norfolk

https://www.phantomhelp.com/store/mavic-strobon-cree-strobe-light-mount/

@chrisjohnbaker I have found some models of Stobon cree mounts I can print. So tell me which ones you think best and I print you some?

I am also studying a 3d blender modeling course and might be able to design them myself if I knew the specification needed.

1 Like

I have a set of the Strobon Crees (Red, Green, White) obviously, 2 for the front legs and one at the rear, the rear one I have (at the moment) mounted just below the DJI Logo, with the Flytron recommended fixing.
The ones that look the most suitable are:

but, it does not say if the ones above are for the front or rear arms?
Ideally would want them for the front arms, facing forward.
So that white is at the rear and red/green facing forward, so as to be able to check orientation of the drone.
The front arms have a angled top surface, where as the back arms are rectangular (9.5mm wide x 17.5mm tall).
Looking at the ones above does give you the facility to have strobes facing forward or rear wards !
Just to say I am a Electrical Electronics Engineer, so I have modified several of my drones to give additional range, by changing the antennas over to flat panels.
I have all the necessary cables, SMA connectors, Crimping Tools, and antennas to be able to MOD most drones, should the need arise !.
I am sure there is a Mod for the Spark to give it additional range, I take a look at what’s required.!
P.S. I have yet to modify my Mavic Pro or the Air, at the moment, the range is more than ample for my needs!

Not got any as yet - but was going to put the forward facing ones on the front of the rear arms.
a) less chance of glare in the camera - particularly in dusk conditions.
b) the rear arms are lower than the front, and most of the time, the MP will be higher than you - so should still be visible from the ground when facing you.
c) the arms are, as you mention, a square cross-section, so easier to design the clips.

I am using the 3M tape that Flytron recommend (got a metre form Ebay for about a £10).
I have mounted it on each of the Mavic Pro front arms, just near the end of the arm on the underside, (with a bit of fishing line wrapped and tied around, as a bit of insurance!.)
Yet to try the Cree’s, although I have had them for weeks now !.
Must give them a try !
Mounting them on the Air has proved difficult as the Tape fouls the legs when folded away !

1 Like

Hi I downloaded the Strobon mounts and started printing but then stopped. I not sure how they attack to they mavic legs? From the picture I cannot make out how you can possible put them around the mavic. Theres nothing to clip together. It also looks like a front and back clips. Screenshot - fc3d0c5fb3783e13b045859bfd1cc99c - Gyazo

attack should be attach oops

Looks like they spring-clip over the (rear) arms.
The thin bottom section looks to be flexible enough for the top to open wide enough.

I have started to reprint them again. I have also some flexible filament so will both in flexi and pla filament.

You will have to let me know @Dougie what the damage is for them!.

Would I be right in saying that they are two parts, one for holding the strobe, the other for mounting on the leg?

Theres actually 3 parts clip that goes around the leg, compartment where the strobe goes which needs to be glued onto the clip and A small key to use if wanted to weld

closed the holder to stop strobon coming out, or of not just a small strip of double sided tape to stick in place to avoid any possible come out of strobon

if you need a strobe to try out, let me know.
The clip needs to be able to let you remove the strobe to be able to charge it.
(Unless the design allows charging in situ)

ok thanks i also found this for the spark Strobon Strobe Holder for DJI Spark by malakid - Thingiverse

Mavic Air?

no spark lol u have mavic air also?

you wanted one of these, (got some self adhesive copper, if you need it!)

this is for mavic air