Hello to anyone in Norwich, Norfolk

ok, let me know laters

with some many drones to choice from you dont have to worry about battery power lol

1 Like

yes, you are right!, have to make sure they are all rotated in use.
Must get the phantom 4 up, she has not had a flight for sometime now!.
I had the dreaded “Black Screen of Death” on my Phantom Vision 2 +, but, managed (unlike some!) to redeem it back to a fully working drone.
(that was due to a bad firmware update they sent EVERYONE!)
Killed off many peoples (of that range of DJI products)

I have over the months ,repaired many of them for other people !

My advice (with any drone firmware update) stand the drone facing a Cooling Fan, to keep it cool while updating, if not they do overheat, when updating, it fry’s the internal circuit boards!.
Usually the props, and forward motion normally keep the electronics inside cool.

That’s a good tip @chrisjohnbaker. Thanks.

@Dougie - come out and play! I’m getting out of work early.

1 Like

Just need to feel the cooling fins under your drone when its been on for a couple of minutes to realise that !.
Sorry to say that I do not trust DJI’s Chip Cooling (SILICONE) Compound !!

@Dougie can you tell me what this part of the mount is for?

be7c4788c5653f5c3d9b13846a3d35ab_preview_featured

yh this is a tiny tiny piece that just goes into this piece

you see the slit. it goes into there just to lock in the strobe

1 Like

ah!, I see, that fits the jigsaw !!

It’s starting to look like those puzzles you used to get where you pully bits out and push bits in to unlock them and take them apart … only to spend weeks trying to put them back together again.

1 Like

Na!, @OzoneVibe, just another bit to put into my Rubix Cube, and twiddle about !!

Like your gimbal? :rofl:

2 Likes

Precisely! :+1:

2 Likes

oh!, that was a bit below the belt @callum !
least he got there in the end !
my philosophy, if it ain’t broke, don’t mend it !

1 Like

Well @chrisjohnbaker you must have have a slow day that’s a lot of posts for a Monday :smiley:

2 Likes

nosey bugger! @sparkman999 , no seriously Jeff! , I have been editing videos all day, been hissing down on and off all day here.
Went to France last week for 3 days to The Menin Gate at Ypres to see the British Legion 90 year Celebration with a group of guys.
Did get the drone up early one morning on Dunkirk Beach, tried to imagine what is was like on D Day running up a beach nearly 1/3rd of a mile (when tide is out)
with a303 in my hand !
Also got to see a V1 Rocket Factory site, buried deep in the Forest.
My most “throat lump” flight was over one of the huge War Grave site at Passchendaeles, 1,000s of headstones in every direction.

2 Likes

Passchendaele

1 Like

Dunkirk Beach (7am)

Beach was really crowded !, me , a drone, a guy metal detecting, and 2 diggers moving sand !!

2 Likes

Some great but sobering shots Chris