Hey from Scotland - Aberdeenshire

Just getting started with the drone business. I have turned down many opportunities at the beginning and I was involved in developing a pilot qualification as far back as 2010/11.
Looking forward to reading through the discussions and sharing experiences.

7 Likes

Good Morning and Welcome. It’s nice to see another Scottish based pilot :smiley:

2 Likes

Hi Tony / @tchambers, and welcome to GADC. :+1:

Scotland is a large place … whereabouts within Scotland are you?

A significant number of our members also own the P4 … so you are amongst good company.

If you haven’t already, take a look at the Map of Members and you’ll see there are a few other members in your neck of the woods, some of whom I’m sure will come and say Hi.

(Don’t forget to add yourself to that map :+1: : How to add yourself to the Members Map )

The forum’s search functions are a very efficient way to find previous threads and posts that might already have covered topics in which you are interested in learning more or answer that niggling question but, when this doesn’t turn up what you’re after, there’s a wealth of knowledge amongst the members, so ask away over on #questions-and-answers.

Also, if you’ve not seen it, check out our map of places where members have flown in the past … which, obviously, doesn’t necessarily mean they are still OK to fly and, as always, any pilot needs to check that everything’s OK before flying at any of them.

Please also take a moment to look at the Membership Levels section on our FAQ .

Welcome aboard!

Thanks and all updated on the map. I’m am up in Aberdeenshire.

1 Like

Hi and welcome!!!

My wife and I are visiting Scotland for the second time, we were last there in 1989, so it’s been a while. We are going to be driving up the east side, then up to the Orkney Islands and returning along the west coast including the Isle of Skye, south to the area around Oban and onto Dumfries. This will be a leisurely trip of 30 days so we have lots of time to take in the sights. I will be taking my DJI Mavic Pro 2 drone and hope to find a variety of places to fly. I have my UK operators license and I have registered the drone with the CAA. Any suggestions as to where to fly? I don’t see much information on flying in the Orkney Islands.

Yes, that picture in my profile is my 1970 TR-6 roadster. I bought it new and still enjoy driving it here in Colorado. Thanks in advance for any information. I have really enjoyed reading the posts in this forum.

Welcome to GADC Tony, a good bunch of lads on here.

Know your area quite well as we used to live in Ellon (16 years ago) and I worked for a company called Crane-Tek, used to pay regular visits to the paper mill in Inverurie.

1 Like

Welcome to the forum Tony.

Welcome from Wales @tchambers