Hi all new guy joining - Hemswell, Lincolnshire

I’ve come to say hello to everyone having just joined the club.
My name is Geoff I’m 67 years young and not only new to the club but new to drones too having acquired my first at Christmas. The drone I have bought is a Kai one pro I suppose quite cheap compared to the seasoned flyers drones on here but I have to start somewhere and if I’m going to crash and burn it may as well be with a reasonably priced drone.
Well I think that’s enough for the intro so look forward to reading about where you guys go and to learn how it’s done from the masters, bye for now

11 Likes

Welcome to the club Geoff :+1:

Hi @Wiskeymac and welcome to Grey Arrows :wave:t2:

Have you seen our members map? (Click the burger-menu in the top right) You may find some pilots living near you. Feel free to add yourself to the members map too :+1:t2:

We’re a well established club with many knowledgeable members so it’s very likely that any issues you come across will have been discussed here before. Our discussion forum has very powerful search features which should help you find what you need but if you get stuck you can post a new question in the #questions-and-answers category.

Looking for recommendations of places to fly? Check out our interactive map on Drone Scene - be sure to log in to gain access to the full suite of features and map layers:

And please feel free to add locations of your own too.

Please also take a moment to look at the Membership Levels section on our FAQ as we’re quite different to other clubs and you’ll be eligible for some rather exclusive club discounts as your membership level increases :blush:

Welcome once again!

2 Likes

Hi Geoff,
Welcome to GADC, excellent choice to join here , extremely friendly and helpful members and the more you use the site and join in the more you get out of it , It doesn’t matter what drone you have the main thing is you have a drone to start to enjoy the hobby , there is no snobbery here just a group of friendly people who all enjoy the hobby , be warned though drones are addictive and you will soon own many lol. The best thing you ever done will be buying a drone very closely followed by joining GADC. Enjoy and have fun .

1 Like

Hi @Wiskeymac - where are you based?

1 Like

Welcome Geoff, like said above there’s no snobbery here, but that’s probably because we have low standards. Well they did let me join. :rofl::rofl: just enjoy yourself., anything else is secondary.

1 Like

Welcome Geoff to GADC

1 Like

Hi Geoff - welcome to GADC :+1: :+1: :+1:

1 Like

Welcome buddy! You don’t have to have OCD to be a member of this forum but it helps :rofl:

3 Likes

Hi Geoff and welcome to GADC.

2 Likes

welcome Geoff, and like others have said all very friendly and helpful here

1 Like

Hi Geoff welcome to GADC

1 Like

Hi Geoff.
I’m sure you have already been out and had a play.
From my own experience with lower-cost models, I have these tips.
1- Stay away from large metal objects.
2- Practice in a field away from people.
3- Don’t fly if it’s windy.
4- Enjoy.

Also, I meant to say welcome to the club. I’m quite new also.

Welcome Geoff :grinning:

1 Like

Wow guys that was a serious welcome and I thank you all for it, and the tips. Just a short note as I forgot to mention I live in Lincolnshire at a small place called Hemswell.
Thanks again Geoff

4 Likes

Welcome Geoff.

I live not a million miles away in Doncaster and have spent many a Sunday in my younger years wandering around hemswell market.

You’ve got some lovely open countryside near you with some cracking scenery but also quite a lot of raf traffic nearby too.

Definitely check out Dronescene for where is good to fly.

Enjoy and be sure to ask if you have any questions.

1 Like

Welcome @Wiskeymac

1 Like

Welcome to GADC from Sunny Somerset :smile: