Hi, and a successful first flight!

Hi all, I’m new to this hobby, and recently flew for the first time on New years day with my Holy Stone 720G at Crosby Beach near Liverpool.
I very quickly got the hang of it, and got some great shots from the camera although I didn’t try any video on that first day.
I have also snapped up a very nice second hand DJI Air 2S at a good price, and can’t wait to try that out.
Looking at the map and trying to research new places away from restrictions can be a bit daunting though, but no doubt I will find some!
I have my CAA card for Operating and flying so all good there, but I Understand it has to be 150m from people, buildings etc?
Looking forward to posting more, and possibly meeting others!
John…

2 Likes

Hi @johnwalsh and welcome to Grey Arrows :wave:t2:

Have you seen our members map? (Click the burger-menu in the top right) You may find some pilots living near you. Feel free to add yourself to the members map too :+1:t2:

We’re a well established club with many knowledgeable members so it’s very likely that any issues you come across will have been discussed here before. Our discussion forum has very powerful search features which should help you find what you need but if you get stuck you can post a new question in the #questions-and-answers category.

Looking for recommendations of places to fly? Check out our interactive map on Drone Scene - be sure to log in to gain access to the full suite of features and map layers:

And please feel free to add locations of your own too.

Please also take a moment to look at the Membership Levels section on our FAQ as we’re quite different to other clubs and you’ll be eligible for some rather exclusive club discounts as your membership level increases :blush:

Welcome once again!

Hello , Welcome the GADC… :grinning: :grinning: :+1:

Hi John and welcome to GADC :+1: :+1:

Hi John - welcome to GADC :+1: :+1: :+1:

Have a look at Drone Scene as suggested by Chris - at the top you will find a header “Good 2 Go” Enter your relevant details and it will tell you if the flight you plan is Good 2 Go :+1: :+1: :+1:
Have play with the data you input and check out how it changes the results …

1 Like

Welcome John to GADC :clap: :clap:

Hi John welcome mate. You’ll love the air 2s good on yer :+1:

Hi John, welcome to GADC. If you get FVPUK drone insurance for just under £20 a Year, not only do you get 5 million accident liabilty cover, it automatically permits you to fly under Article 16 that allows you to use the heavier drones (over 249g) closer to people and buildings than 150m etc. Check this out: