Hi from Bapchild - KENT

Well I might as well say hello in here with a brief bit about myself.

I started off with the DJI Phantom FC40 when that first came out but had to get rid of it after maybe a year when my first born came along and didn’t like the noise. He was terrified by it even though he loved looking at my RC car zipping along. I didn’t really fly the FC40 all that much so it was no real loss.

When I saw a review for a pre-release DJI Mavic Mini I decided that I needed to have a new toy and sure enough on release day I was lucky enough to find one in stock. I flew that little thing for hours on end and was more than happy to be a DJI guinea pig through firmware issues.

After a few weeks I decided I should just bite the bullet and buy something bigger but Christmas was fast looming. Fast forward into the new year and mid Jan I purchased a Mavic 2 Pro.

I’m an IT monkey by trade so love technology.
I’ve earnt a decent bit in the past sidelining as a photographer.
I’m an Amateur Radio operator so the radio aspect interests me.

Add all this together and I suppose drones are a perfect hobby.

9 Likes

Hi Chris / @chrisc, and welcome to GADC. :+1:

An ever increasing number
of members have the Mini, and a significant number of our members own the M2P … so you are amongst good company.

If you haven’t already, take a look at the Map of Members and you’ll see there are a few other members in your neck of the woods.

(Don’t forget to add yourself to that map :+1: : How to add yourself to the Members Map )

The forum’s search functions are a very efficient way to find previous threads and posts that might already have covered topics in which you are interested in learning more or answer that niggling question but, when this doesn’t turn up what you’re after, there’s a wealth of knowledge amongst the members, so ask away over on #questions-and-answers.

Also, if you’ve not seen it, check out our map of places where members have flown in the past … which, obviously, doesn’t necessarily mean they are still OK to fly and, as always, any pilot needs to check that everything’s OK before flying at any of them.

Please also take a moment to look at the Membership Levels section on our FAQ .

Welcome aboard!

Some great pics there, too! :ok_hand:

In fact - some pics there that gain the Night Flyer Badge on your profile!

2 Likes

Hi @chrisc

Welcome to the forum, it’s a great place with lots of knowledgeable people here.

Some great pictures here as well, look forward to seeing some more content👍🏼

1 Like

Thanks everyone. Considering I’ve only been back into drones since mid November and I’ve not had the M2P a month I’ve found the learning curve quite fun.

The mini is a cracking drone and I blame it 100% on me getting into this again and I’m glad it was more limited with its photographic abilities as I missed the ability to change virtually every setting of the camera which is why I went with the M2P rather than the zoom.

I’m not really into video but I fear the bank account will take a hit again soon enough to upgrade a machine for video editing purposes.

I’m already hitting the machine hard with photo editing.

6 Likes

Welcome on board and some cracking shots you have there.

1 Like

Some great shots there my friend look forward to seeing more & welcome

Welcome Chris,
Love the pics. Definitely talent there. Can’t wait to see your next pictures.

1 Like

the two mavics . are you starting a breading program. Welcome to GADC

1 Like

Some beautiful photos there! Welcome to the group :handshake:

1 Like

I tried but I found out that they are female.
I only found out because they are costing me money :smiley:

3 Likes