Hi From Cannock Chase

I’m Garry from Cannock Staffs, now retired after spending 30+ years working in the photographic industry most of that with the yellow giant Kodak, needed a new pastime and arial photography appealed, I have purchased a used Phantom 4 just for practice before I invest £££’s in new, done a few flights over Cannock Chase and found it harder than it looks, mainly becoming confused with direction etc. anyway looks like I am gonna be hooked and having Cannock Chase on my doorstep its a photographers dream…going to spend some time now reading through posts and do a lot of brain picking.

4 Likes

Hi Garry / @Sunseeker , and welcome to GADC.

Several other members have the Phantom 4, too - so you’re in good company, and plenty of user experience to draw on if ever you need to ask for help with anything.

If you haven’t already, take a look at the Map of Members. This is a relatively new feature so not everyone is on there as yet, but I’m sure there are other members in your neck of the woods that will come and say Hi that may also have ideas on locations.

(Don’t forget to add yourself to that map : Members’ Location Map - A Guide)

Also, if you’ve not seen it, check out our map of places where members have flown that might be of assistance.:

Hi Garry, And a big welcome to our Forum.
I am sure you will find some very useful information here.
Feel free to pick our brains, we do love a challenge !.
Our members are varied from total learners to the more experienced flyers.
We have all sorts of drones that the members own, so you are among friends here with a P4, myself included.
Practice makes perfect, as they say.
Direction is very deceiving, just take small steps, a little at a time, a little further, a little higher.
It will soon come with ease, the trick is not to do something silly and bury your drone into the wall ,or a tree !.
You may find some useful information in The Members Only area.
I have compiled a list of useful Documentation for you to read and print out, in “The GADC Done Information Pack”.
https://greyarro.ws/t/gadc-drone-information-pack/3696/38
It may be handy to have a few of these with you when you fly, feel free to ask any of us questions that you may have, and once again welcome from all of us !!.

Thanks will take a read, already done the tree on my first outing, turned drone round to return not realising stick movement is opposite to that going…1st lesson learned

2 Likes

Welcome Garry, I’m at the newbie end of the scale with a mavic air😉 The guys on here are super helpful, so all will be good.

I’ve mountain biked at Cannock hundreds of times but next time I want to find somewhere to fly👍 You’re lucky to have that on your doorstep…enjoy

2 Likes

Hi @Sunseeker and welcome to Grey Arrows my good man, glad you could join us :smiley:

As already mentioned above, we’ve an absolute wealth of knowledge here so don’t be afraid to ask any questions, however daft you think they may sound :slight_smile:

A post was split to a new topic: New Mavic Pro owner