Hi from Dover, Kent

Hi All. After many years of flying RC planes, heli’s and DIY racing quadcopters, I am now the proud owner of a Mavic 2 Pro. As a pilot and photographer (in a former life!), I can appreciate the many virtues of this bird. I have taken a few photos, but hopefully with some decent weather and a bit more time, I will actually get some half decent photos. For me, its just for fun, so the only person to please is myself. I would appreciate any suggestions from members as to good locations around Dover for aerial photos. Happy (and safe) flying to you all.

1 Like

Hi Steve welcome to the forum enjoy your stay someone will be along shortly with some advice on things to fill in
If you have any questions or in your case any answers don t be afraid to chip in

Hi Steve / @FerryMan69 , and welcome to GADC. :+1:

An ever increasing number of our members also own a Mavic 2 Pro, and we have a small number with racing drones (complete with their own #racing-quads-self-bulilds-and-fpv category!). .

There’s a wealth of knowledge amongst the members, so ask away over on #questions-and-answers if there’s anything you need to know.

If you haven’t already, take a look at the Map of Members and you’ll see there are a few other members in your neck of the wood, some of whom I’m sure will come and say Hi.

(Don’t forget to add yourself to that map :+1: : How to add yourself to the Members Map )

Also, if you’ve not seen it, check out our map of places where members have flown in the past … which, obviously, doesn’t necessarily mean they are still OK to fly and, as always, any pilot needs to check that everything’s OK before flying at any of them.

Please also take a moment to look at the Membership Levels section on our FAQ .

Welcome aboard!

welcome Steve @ianinlondon will tell you how not to fly near Dover lol

1 Like

I’m an expert!!! :rofl::rofl::rofl:
Hi Steve. In all seriousness, the WarMemorial is truly a great picture from above. And the Mavic 2 Pro handles wind way better than the original Pro in its default settings.
This may help:

Cheers
Ian
2 Likes

Thanks for the advice OzoneVibe. I have had a look at flight map, which is a great starting point. I have flown a few places, so I will have to enter my locations too, with a few pics to help others determine if its somewhere they might like to try out.

Ianinlondon… love the sense of humour, thats right up my street!

I have to say since flying the Mavic over the last few weeks I have found that even simple stuff at ground level takes on a whole new level of interest from above. Standby for photos… thank the lord for digital, that’s all I can say… 35mm film would be sooo expensive!

1 Like

Hi @FerryMan69 and welcome to Grey Arrows!

Can I ask how you got your name? :thinking:

Hi Steve welcome aboard.
Barry

Hi Steve, Welcome!

How I got my name… from my mum!! ha ha… no seriously … a mix of living in Dover (and Dover being Europe’s business ferry port) and a good taste in music (Don’t pay the FerryMan… etc). I just want to add a big ‘thank you’ for a friendly welcome.

2 Likes

:sunglasses::raised_hand_with_fingers_splayed:

Welcome to the forum enjoy :smiley: