Hi From Durham

Looks a great forum i fly phantom 3 Advanced in the Durham Area.

1 Like

Welcome aboard…

1 Like

Welcome to the club

1 Like

Hi there @snowy and welcome to the Grey Arrows :+1:

Have you been flying long?

What’s the P3A like in the wind? Do you find it stable?

1 Like

Welcome from the NW - it’s a great forum to be in.

1 Like

Welcome to GADC, @snowy. Great to have you with us. Closest I’ve got to a Phantom is looking at one in Maplins! Hope you’ll be able to show us what it’s like to fly this bird.

1 Like

Thanks Guys for the welcome been flying all types of model planes/helis and quad copters (drones)
For many years but the Phantom 3 Advanced for the last 2 years great fun easy to fly very stable platform to film with i moded this one to fly long range current longest return flight stands at 10.5 miles out.and back maybe be looking to buy and mod a Mavic soon :grin:

1 Like

Hi PingSpike yes fly’s great even though it carries extra weight with the mods i’ve done

Blimey :open_mouth:

What was the battery life like upon return? Or some kind of battery mod too ?

I’m running a pair of Multi star HV 5200 mah 4 cell battery’s along side the stock battery 2% left on landing planning your flight paths and wind/weather has to be taken into account also the power to weight ratio of battery’s to how much thrust the motors can lift i’ve flown 9 miles out on a single 5200 mah battery lighter weight and better weather conditions. I currently have a 8000 mah battery to try out see how that combo works out when the weather plays ball i think current world record flight for a phantom 3 is 14.5 mile out .:grin: