Hi! From Ferndown Dorset

Hi everyone, I joined a few weeks back and have been browsing this interesting site

I fly a Mavic zoom just for fun, and would love to hear from local flyers regarding good sites to fly , I am into boating and have a boat at Hythe, would anyone be interested in coming out for a flying trip around the Solent in summer?

I hope joining Grey Arrows helps me enjoy this fairly new hobby (to me) even more!

6 Likes

Hi and welcome to the club :wave:t3:

Hi Chris / @chrisp56, and welcome to GADC. :+1:

Quite a few of our members also own the M2Z … so you are amongst good company.

If you haven’t already, take a look at the Map of Members and you’ll see there are a few other members in your neck of the woods, some of whom I’m sure will come and say Hi.

The forum’s search functions are a very efficient way to find previous threads and posts that might already have covered topics in which you are interested in learning more or answer that niggling question but, when this doesn’t turn up what you’re after, there’s a wealth of knowledge amongst the members, so ask away over on #questions-and-answers.

Also, if you’ve not seen it, check out our map of places where members have flown in the past … which, obviously, doesn’t necessarily mean they are still OK to fly and, as always, any pilot needs to check that everything’s OK before flying at any of them.

Please also take a moment to look at the Membership Levels section on our FAQ .

Welcome aboard!

2 Likes

I live in Wiltshire and sometimes travel to Portland to do some flying so will be will to meet when weather gets better

2 Likes

Hi Chris.
I from Kinson and definitely something that I would be up for.

1 Like

Welcome I live in Portsmouth and own a Mavic Platinum. Spark and recently just got the Mavic Mini would love to meet up one day. Weather here is crap Regards Irvine

1 Like

Welcome!! Enjoy your new hobby… weather permitting

Welcome Chris enjoy your new hobby and the club both are great! as well as sailing, I used to have a dart 16 loved it, did plenty off sailing in 40 footers around the iow

1 Like

Hi Chris
I’m Phil in Bournemouth, I have a Mavic 2 Pro, the sound of a trip in the Solent sounds like a wonderful idea. A meet up somewhere in the meantime might be nice though.
Phil

2 Likes

Welcome Chris,
I hope you enjoy the discussions.