Hi from Nottingham, East Midlands

Hi all, been debating getting a drone for a while now. Beginning of February I brought the DJI Mini 2 fly more combo. Only unwrapped it last Sunday, charged it up and did the firmware updates but not had a chance to try my first flight. Hoping work and the weather improves so I can get my first flight done.

1 Like

Hi @martyn05 and welcome to Grey Arrows :wave:t2:

Have you seen our members map? (Click the burger-menu in the top right) You may find some pilots living near you. Feel free to add yourself to the members map too :+1:t2:

We’re a well established club with many knowledgeable members so it’s very likely that any issues you come across will have been discussed here before. Our discussion forum has very powerful search features which should help you find what you need but if you get stuck you can post a new question in the #questions-and-answers category.

Looking for recommendations of places to fly? Check out our interactive map on Drone Scene - be sure to log in to gain access to the full suite of features and map layers:

And please feel free to add locations of your own too.

Please also take a moment to look at the Membership Levels section on our FAQ as we’re quite different to other clubs and you’ll be eligible for some rather exclusive club discounts as your membership level increases :blush:

Welcome once again!

Hi there,

I’m similarly a newbie to drone flying, I too got a Mini2 fly-more, have managed to take it out a whopping 3 time now (so obviously I’m now a seasoned expert now, LOL!!!) and I’m sure that you will enjoy flying it too. It’s pretty nerve-wracking the 1st time, so I went to a nice big open space with no-one else around (to see me embarrass myself) and just spent a couple of batteries getting familiar with the controls and how the Mini2 responded.

I found the Mini2 to be much easier to control than I had thought, and also much easier to lose in the sky!! (grey drone in a grey sky) But getting a couple of Strobon’s attached to it has really helped with that.

I look forward to hearing/seeing how you get on

Tim

1 Like

Welcome Marty.
Yeah, the weather has been naff…

Don’t knock it, that’s three times more than I’ve flown in 2022 :blush:

3 Likes

And hi @martyn05 :wave:t2:

2 Likes

Welcome Martyn to GADC :slight_smile:

1 Like

Welcome to the squadron.

1 Like

Hi & welcome, we are new also i can sort of fly our dji spark but tinyhawke 2 is proving a real problem, we think all the walls furniture & everything else in our house has magnets in them, i cant use a sim as our computer is very old just like ourselves , but we are having lots of fun trying, ps glass half full spring is on its way. Jon & Denise :mage: :owl:

3 Likes

Hey ive found if you put orange luminous gorilla tape on it helps, Ive cut small strips for horizontal legs, A nice big piece for top and a square cut for battery door also helps spot it at the side of you on the concrete, Ive only had my mini 2 for 4 weeks hoping to get to Hornsea when weather improves, Take care out there is windy.

2 Likes