Hi from Phil in Bournemouth

Main Controller Settings
Flight Restrictions
Enable Max Distance (On/Off)
Set Max Flight Distance (value 15-8000m)

This excel sheet has all the menu options (v 01.04.0100 firmware) - but, as far as finding what you want (a) it’s easy to search and (b) I’m not sure there’s have been any menu items changed since.

http://www.berrah.net/DJI%20GO4%20Mavic%20Pro%2001.04.0100.xlsx

Edit: There’s a .0300 version, too (not used - I’m still on .0100) ….

http://www.berrah.net/DJI%20GO4%20Mavic%20Pro%2001.04.0300.xls

Hi Guys
I went out on Wednesday for a flight, it was a bit windy, in between 12 and 15 mph. I took it out of Beginner mode and went through the settings to find a Max Alt nad set ir to 60m, just below that there was the Max Radius setting so I set that to 60m as well.
When I took it up it was fairly stable, but drifting slightly so i think the wind was taking it a bit, and when landing it was being affected by the gusts, so I think it was on the limit of the wind speed I would be happy flying. Do any of you have any advice about wind speed limits.
I was hoping to take it out this evening but the UAV shows wind speed of 17 moh with gusts up to 30 mph, so no flying this evening.
Take care
Phil

I think wind speed is something you get to judge over time, I don’t think you can out an actual number on it really.

All the apps in the world are only offering regional forecasts, nothing highly accurate or localised.

You’ll definitely get a feel for what’s acceptable and what’s not. Sometimes you’ll know, even before you take off. Other times you’ll be able to tell by how it’s hovering and even the noise it makes :slight_smile:

Some people always fly in to the wind, to then ensure safe passage home on a low battery.

If you get caught in wind, reduce your altitude as much as possible :+1:

As @PingSpike says … there is no definitive answer.

I categorically disbelieve weather forecasts … even though I may post them sometimes. I often do that to show how rubbish they are, and I never get my hopes up for any forecast > 24hrs into the future. (I’m still not sure if I’m going to Silverstone tomorrow, the changes to the forecasts have been so dramatic.)

Airport actual/current weather reports I believe! Luckily I live next to an airport.

But as to what you and your skills can manage to fly in, that’s something you have to gauge at the time of take-off with reference to past experience.

Some people use anemometers, I use my ears.
Sounds daft but, after many years of paragliding, I can usually tell if I want to fly by facing into wind. The sound of the wind blowing past your ears changes … and I know the sound I’m comfortable with, that which I’ll still fly with caution, and when to go home.
So far, I’ve never managed to leave my ears at home when I’ve headed out. :wink:
Handily, very similar limits seem to apply to my paragliding and MP flying … for me. The same limits, for other pilots of either, may not.

Re my comment on inaccuracy of forecasts …

Top image - Thursday’s forecast
Bottom image - current forecast

Capture