Hi from Shephall Green Stevenage

Hi everyone, I’m a new trainee drone pilot bought my first drone and I’m 63 and did not apprehend that you could get so much fun from a drone. Also learning video editing so any help on best starter software etc would be much appreciated. Oh names Dave by the way and looking forward to reading all your stories etc

6 Likes

Welcome Dave. Lots of experienced people here. This is a good forum.

Dave,
You picked a brilliant machine to fly.
Editing is a challenge, ‘for some of us’.
Just starting to get to grips with it myself.
What program do you use?

Enjoy the forum.

Hi Dave and welcome to the club. Born and bred just down the road from you in Ware. Now living in sunny Lincolnshire.

Hi Dave and welcome.
An easy but comprehensive package for editing that won’t break the bank is Power Director.

I’m just trying to get to grips with Davinci Resolve it’s so hard I have to keep watching stuff on you tube

2 Likes

They are damn nice pics.

Thank you it’s all new to me so watching plenty of YouTube for tips on settings and every time I go to fly I set myself a learning goal so Tuesday last week was trying all the filters I got with the set 6 in all and played around with the shutters speeds, been filming in D-log last week and set in to cinema today pleased with results

1 Like

I was filming along the river and canal at Hertford past couple of weeks was there this morning it was lovely

1 Like

It really does amaze me the quality of the pictures from a dji. They are crystal.

Hi Dave / @Scubadave63, and welcome to GADC. :+1:

A significant number of our members also own the MP … so you are amongst good company.

If you haven’t already, take a look at the Map of Members and you’ll see there are a few other members in your neck of the woods, some of whom I’m sure will come and say Hi.

(Don’t forget to add yourself to that map :+1: : How to add yourself to the Members Map )

The forum’s search functions are a very efficient way to find previous threads and posts that might already have covered topics in which you are interested in learning more or answer that niggling question but, when this doesn’t turn up what you’re after, there’s a wealth of knowledge amongst the members, so ask away over on #questions-and-answers.

Also, if you’ve not seen it, check out our map of places where members have flown in the past … which, obviously, doesn’t necessarily mean they are still OK to fly and, as always, any pilot needs to check that everything’s OK before flying at any of them.

Please also take a moment to look at the Membership Levels section on our FAQ .

Davinci Resolve is a good choice … takes a bit of getting one’s head around, but it’s damned impressive what it can do. Been mugging up on some of the clever stuff myself, recently. Go back to it after a couple of weeks and I realise the memory isn’t what it was.

Nice pics, too! :+1:

Welcome aboard!

Thank you for all :ok_hand::pray:

1 Like

Hi Dave, and welcome to the family.

Welcome to the bestist drone group :upside_down_face:

Hi Dave, welcome only been on here a couple of months myself, loads of useful info on here. Haven’t even started on Resolve yet, just getting used to flying and the camera incredible pieces of kit these.

Thank you I’m enjoying everything so far will never be bored again :joy:

1 Like

They are I’m so impressed with how stable it is in most conditions almost ditched mine in the river yesterday, the down draught from the props makes it go unstable ended up hitting a bush how I got out in one piece and then landed it almost had a heart attack lol

1 Like

Nice to meet you Dave!

Im up near the Oval :wink:

I dont get out with the drone as much as i like, but its a wonderful hobby if you can find the time :sunglasses:

BR

Colin

Nice to meet you too Colin bet you like the cricket I love the oval and guess what I’m the only Scotsman supporting England come on the boys, when Scotland play England one of my teams always wins :joy:I’m loving it

3 Likes

Dont know about the cricket Dave, but that would be the Oval in Stevenage :wink: