Hi from south Somerset!

Hi guys! Just found this awesome little group and excited to find some new folks to fly with and places to fly!
I can see most people have Mavics etc. but does anyone fly racing / freestyle quads? I’ve got a self-built (and sadly under-used) 5" sitting on my workbench and I’m itching to get out and rip some packs with new faces. Also, shout if you’ve got any cool places to fly in the South Somerset area!

3 Likes

Welcome to the group :+1:

1 Like

Hi Jack? / @MyNamesNotDave , and welcome to GADC. :+1:

Quite a few of our members also fly racing/fpv … so you are amongst good company. We also have a dedicated category for you guys : #racing-quads-self-bulilds-and-fpv. :ok_hand: (And a dedicated category for related videos : #videos-fpv)

If you haven’t already, take a look at the Map of Members and you’ll see there are a few other members in your neck of the woods, some of whom I’m sure will come and say Hi.

The forum’s search functions are a very efficient way to find previous threads and posts that might already have covered topics in which you are interested in learning more or answer that niggling question but, when this doesn’t turn up what you’re after, there’s a wealth of knowledge amongst the members, so ask away over on #questions-and-answers.

Also, if you’ve not seen it, check out our map of places where members have flown in the past (although these are generally for the more sedate quads :wink: ) … which, obviously, doesn’t necessarily mean they are still OK to fly and, as always, any pilot needs to check that everything’s OK before flying at any of them.

Please also take a moment to look at the Membership Levels section on our FAQ .

Welcome aboard!

MyNameIsDave. :rofl:

Hi @OzoneVibe (the real Dave?)…

Thanks for replying! I discovered the fpv category and maps, but wanted to introduce anyway :slight_smile: didn’t notice many places near me on the droncescene map and when I tried to add some that I fly, it just kept throwing errors 'till I gave up :confused:

I’ll have a look at the Map of Members and see who’s knocking around!

Not good! Will flag this for checking and get back to you. Thanks for letting us know. :+1:

2 Likes

Welcome Jack,
I hope some members pop up for you to fly with.
Enjoy the forum.

1 Like