Hi from Sowerby Bridge

A newbie drone flyer, got Mavic Air in January and so far have only managed to get out with it once, weathers been diabolical. Am quite worried by the way the regulations are going in the USA, it’s to be hoped there’s a more sensible approach here.

2 Likes

Welcome Phil. Good bunch here. Summer is coming!

1 Like

welcome, dont worry until the rules are finalised, theres so much miss information out there

Welcome to GADC Phil.

Welcome to the nuthouse :crazy_face:

Welcome from a fellow newbie. Managed to get out for 20 mins today, did what I thought was a good flight, but turned it off before it had saved the video :grimacing:
Did get a couple of ‘quickie’ tests done with my Mavic Mini.

Welcome Phil @Ryder21
Am not far away from you, just up at Savile Park.
Am always up for a fly round, drop me a line anytime you fancy getting out

Welcome Phil enjoy the group but most of all enjoy your new hobby it’s great :pray::ok_hand:

You’ve got some great flying environments up there - looking forward to seeing your vids. Once worked with an absolute babe from there - dare not say her name in case she’s still around there lol

Hi Phil from another newbie in Yorkshire :wave:

Hi Phil / @Ryder21, and welcome to GADC. :+1:

A significant number of our members also own the Mavic Air, and a great little drone it is too … so you are amongst good company.

If you haven’t already, take a look at the Map of Members and you’ll see there are a few other members in your neck of the woods, some of whom I’m sure will come and say Hi.

The forum’s search functions are a very efficient way to find previous threads and posts that might already have covered topics in which you are interested in learning more or answer that niggling question but, when this doesn’t turn up what you’re after, there’s a wealth of knowledge amongst the members, so ask away over on #questions-and-answers.

Also, if you’ve not seen it, check out our map of places where members have flown in the past … which, obviously, doesn’t necessarily mean they are still OK to fly and, as always, any pilot needs to check that everything’s OK before flying at any of them.

Please also take a moment to look at the Membership Levels section on our FAQ .

Welcome aboard!

If you take the Rishworth Road out of Ripponden there is a car park on the left before the motorway with some great flying over the dam and the reservoir. Enjoy.

1 Like

Hi Micky, good to hear from you. Just wondering if you know of any quiet areas where I can practice my basics, thanks.

Sent you a PM

1 Like