Hi from Taunton somerset

Hi I’m new to drone flying (6 months) and I came across this club so I wanted to join :grinning:

8 Likes

Welcome to the forum, Lee.

I spent 9months in Taunton, back in 1992, while I was stationed at CSOS Culmhead. A very nice area of the country.

Nidge.

1 Like

Hi nidge yes I know culmhead well and yes it’s a nice part of the country if you don’t live here lol.

3 Likes

Hi Lee / @anon8911766, and welcome to GADC. :+1:

A significant number of our members also own the M2P … so you are amongst good company.

If you haven’t already, take a look at the Map of Members and you’ll see there are a few other members in your neck of the woods, some of whom I’m sure will come and say Hi.

(Don’t forget to add yourself to that map :+1: : How to add yourself to the Members Map )

The forum’s search functions are a very efficient way to find previous threads and posts that might already have covered topics in which you are interested in learning more or answer that niggling question but, when this doesn’t turn up what you’re after, there’s a wealth of knowledge amongst the members, so ask away over on #questions-and-answers.

Also, if you’ve not seen it, check out our map of places where members have flown in the past … which, obviously, doesn’t necessarily mean they are still OK to fly and, as always, any pilot needs to check that everything’s OK before flying at any of them.

Please also take a moment to look at the Membership Levels section on our FAQ .

Welcome aboard! … and may the Force be with you. :+1:

2 Likes

Hi ozonevibe

Yes I will have a little play with this website and try to find my way around.

Many thanks lee :+1:

1 Like

Hello and welcome.

Thanks mementomori :+1:

Hi buddy, please feel very welcome! You’ll find young, old, novice and pro alike. No judgements, feel free to ask anything and search a very comprehensive database! We ALL started somewhere! :+1:

1 Like

Thanks lozzer :+1:

I have an M2P also. It’s a pretty comprehensive drone with tons of features. Don’t under estimate the value of research but equally, take every opportunity to get out and practice, practice, practice. If you can find a member with a similar aircraft in your area, take the plunge and meet up. Always learn something new from flying with others.

1 Like

Lozzer I would love to find someone with the same one, as I have no idea of the settings and what they do, I mean at the moment I’m just flying it and getting use to the controls as I’ve never had anything like this before lol.

1 Like

Have a look on @ianinlondon Youtube Channel he has some very informative videos on how to get the best from your drone, a lot of the settings for the DJI drones are fairly much the same.
It will help you to trawl around Youtube while the weather is shite, and enable you to get the best out of the Mavic 2 Pro, it has many fabulous features.

3 Likes

Ok chrisjohnbaker I will do that thanks, at the moment I only have 1 battery so I want to make the most of flying but one day I will play around with the settings and see what they do :+1:

I’m sure everyone will make you feel very welcome so enjoy the ride :grinning:

1 Like

Welcome from Exeter … maybe we can meet up somewhere when we get that dry day you know when that yellow ball is in the sky

2 Likes

@anon8911766
How rude of me not to Welcome you to the best drone forum (period) you are likely to find anywhere !.
As other have already said. we are all like minded drone flyers of various experience and are here to help in anyway we can.

1 Like

Hi scubadave63

I’m sure they will thanks :+1:

Hi pross

Yeah mate that sounds cool, I will be up for that :grinning:

Lol not worries chrisjohnbaker :joy:

1 Like

There you go !, been a member less than a day, and already had an invitation for a meet with another Member.
Now that is why this Forum is such a great place to be, always the hand of help for our new members !.
Well done Pross !.
The Comradeship here is something we should all be proud of, keep up the great work Guys.

2 Likes