Hi from Torpoint, Cornwall

Hi Everyone, I am looking to get my first drone… probably a Mini 3 Pro. I am a keen photographer but not very good tbh but I enjoy it. Hoping to add aerial photography and videos to my interests. I have flown R/C helicopters and aircraft before but this is about the photography not so much about the flying for me.

Looking forward to meeting you online and learning about this fascinating hobby.

1 Like

Hi @anon57276961 and welcome to Grey Arrows :wave:t2:

Have you seen our members map? (Click the burger-menu in the top right) You may find some pilots living near you. Feel free to add yourself to the members map too :+1:t2:

We’re a well established club with many knowledgeable members so it’s very likely that any issues you come across will have been discussed here before. Our discussion forum has very powerful search features which should help you find what you need but if you get stuck you can post a new question in the #questions-and-answers category.

Looking for recommendations of places to fly? Check out our interactive map on Drone Scene - be sure to log in to gain access to the full suite of features and map layers:

And please feel free to add locations of your own too.

Please also take a moment to look at the Membership Levels section on our FAQ as we’re quite different to other clubs and you’ll be eligible for some rather exclusive club discounts as your membership level increases :blush:

Welcome once again!

Hi Paul - welcome to GADC :+1: :+1: :+1:

Welcome Paul to GADC

Hiya from just over the water in Plymouth

Hi, If you are out and about with your mini 3 pro I’d love to drop by and see it in operation sometime… or is that too forward after only just joining? :slight_smile:

Yeah no problem at all, got covid slowly making its way through the house so won’t be out for a week or so. If all goes well I might go up rame head or whitsand next Sunday, so I’ll give you a bell

1 Like

Welcome I’m sure that you’ll learn a lot from this amazing forum

Hi Paul,
Welcome! I am fairly new here too.
I also have been into photography and videography for many years on an amateur basis. I’ve had my DJI mini 2 for a year and absolutely love it. The video and photo quality is pretty good for such a small camera, but it naturally struggles in low light. The Mini 3 seems even better and I will be upgrading to it myself, once I feel I have fully mastered the Mini 2,
I know you are going love this new experience but just be careful in those high winds!!

1 Like

Hi @Victor-Vector Phil, and also welcome to GADC

Welcome to GADC!

You’ll not regret it :+1:t2:

Thanks everyone :slight_smile:

Hi from over the border in Plymouth.

I still fly heli’s, fixed wing, quads and fpv when I can and have a Min2 which I keep meaning to use more.

Maybe we could all get together sometime?

Mike

Ordered my Mini 3 Pro… comes tomorrow… now I am nervous!

Hi and welcome, I used to live on St Aubyn Road in Devonport, but moved back to my native North Yorkshire back in 2008.
Was down that way in August last year, well near Looe, got friends in Devonport too, love it down there :grinning:

Don’t be nervous, you have come to the right place for help and advice mate :ok_hand:

I have my operator id.

I have my flyer id (I know I don’t need it for the mini 3 pro but I thought it a good idea to take the test anyway :slight_smile: )

I have joined the BDF

2 Likes

What an Earth for :wink:

Why not?

Better alternatives are available (FPVUK)